Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

New to forum

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  albertapro 
#1 ·
Hello gang! I was killin some morning time and google shot up the banner advertising this forum..I almost passed out! I am a memebr of other forums related to our industry (window washing/construction clean-up/power washing) and I could not get here fast enough! I have done a bazillion searches for new forums to attend and share but never found this one....until now.

I always hate intro threads that give me nothing to try and get to know the noo bee so i will offer some info about me and all...I dont blame anyone for skipping it and getting to the meat of the forum..

My name is Phil (no last names, people are lookin for me:D )...live outside of Orlando and do winder warshin and focus mainly on new winders that got paint, stucco, stickers more stucco, cement, boogers etc...
I do mid to hi-rise as well as ground floor. I own and use Tucker wfp...I have a tad bit of expereince with Miller light and have been known to laff a time or two.

I am anxious to jump in and start browin the threads and see who's who on here and shake some hands.

I also want to thank the moderator/amdin/ anyother folks who put this little puupy up at google.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Phil ! We've only been around on this board for a couple or so months. Nice bunch of people from several cleaning trades. The last two or three weeks have been slow posting, so jump in and get something started. I have a cus. in the window cleaning business in Kentucky, he's been talking it up to me to learn the business. I might look into it, but have not been motivated as yet. dan

#3 ·
If I can help in any way lemme know Dan. I love window cleaning...I love the work, the business and the professional peers...I dont get out your way oftne since I am on the Space Coast but, if you buy the beers, I'll make the drive.:D

#4 ·
Space coast huh? I lived in Clermont for 3 years but just moved in November. I liked the area a lot.
I actually did construction for Lennar for a while and had some training out in the Space Coast area.

Yes, we are a new site and my wife had a baby about a month ago which has taken some of my time away from this site... but we will get there. This site is still A LOT more active than ContractorTalk.com was when I started it.

We just need to reach a "critical mass" of posters and I think we are starting to get there. This site is focusing on bringing the cleaning trades together so the critical mass needs to be a bit larger than on some sites.

How can you help? Tell everyone you know in the industry about the site and start posting daily.

Thanks again for joining... glad your here!

#5 ·
Clearly Pro.....Sorry it took so long to reply. Some how I missed the post until now. I am in avon park just north of sebring, I do get over to the orlando area often. I alway's injoy meeting others in the cleaning Profession, maybe we can meet sometime. Here's the dell I'll stand the first round, but your own your own for the rest. You might be like some of my Friends, and I would have to get a Bank loan to pay the Tab.:laughing:

#8 ·
Phil... I lived in Titusville several years ago,I liked the area but boy the smell of the river was to much at times. I loved going out on the peir and watching the srimp dipping.
By the way I did start cleaning commerical windows Resterants And store fronts, think I'll keep it down to two stores nothing higher. not worred about the height, just the sudden stop. I know the answer thro don't fall.
I'v got a good start and like the early hours. I have a friend in the business who is helping me learn,good for me bad for him:D . Thanks for the offer possiable I can get over that way someday.

#10 ·
Hey everybody. I'm a noobie to the window cleaning business, but I'm doing my homework, so when spring comes I will know how and whta to do. Anyway I have my first ? to u all. I'm thinking of the to get my first customers buy going door to door, I'd like to start with residential market first then move up. On tap of that I will an advertisement compaign going on, but I think I will have better resoults just buy talking directly to potential customers, plus I live in suborbia. Thank u for reeding my post. Sry for grammar misspel.

#13 ·
Hey everybody. I'm trying to find out the best way to work with screens. You see I'm only trying to get in the game. Seems to me that screens present themselves as a challenge, you have to get them of, clean it, put it back on and ... Do you guys put a number on screen and window or you do something different ? Want some help here, it drives me crazy.

#15 ·
I take screens out as i go (unless they are security screen which need to be removed from inside) and lie them in front of the window. I clean them, clean the outside of the window and either replace them then or keep them in front of the window until time to replace...then replace from outside.

If you need furhter direction, PM me and I'll exchange cell numbers...I can walk you through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.