reasonable prices on windows and gutters - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

reasonable prices on windows and gutters

Hello,
I have just got into the windows and gutters business and I am wondering what are reasonable trade service prices ? The business consists of mostly residential homes in the Massachusetts area. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 PM

I got my start doing windows on Nantucket Island, MA

I wish I could get the amount of money that we charged up there back here in Jersey!

Pricing varies greatly on windows and gutters depending on your market, the types of windows, access, gutter access, etc.

The best thing to do is either try to get a gauge of what your competition is charging by checking out newspaper ads, money mailers, craigslist etc.

Remember, you don't have to be the cheapest guy in town to get the jobs.

Chris Cartwright -Owner - Triple C Window Cleaners of NJ
908 913 0999 / 973 619 9994
Window Cleaning Central NJ
Window Cleaning Northern NJ
Window Cleaning Montclair NJ
post #3 of Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 AM
J S

Tresemme has a great range of hair styling products that are very good quality, and are very reasonably priced!
John Frieda also has salon quality products at a good price. I use it all the time and love it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Who cares about hair products!?

Where I live prices range from $4/ for a double hung inside and out up to 12.00.

this is for a inside and outside cleaning, but i would start around 5 and work up once you finally become a good cleaner.

Remember working for yourself is all about selling and not really the work your doing.

don't get me wrong you need to offer a quality service, but before that you need to offer a quality pitch.
post #5 of Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Look at your competitors websites, see if they have an online quote form, submit it and then compare their price with price that you want to quote. You do not have to be a cheaper, you just have to offer the best service for the best price.
post #6 of Old 01-17-2012, 08:16 AM

Hi all,
According to me it will be better if you can take idea of price of your competitors. In your local area you should watch that what is average price. After that you will be able to fix your price apart from that it may be possible that your competitor would have lower price and in this situation competition will be tough so you can add toll free number or any free service with your services.
post #7 of Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 PM

IMO, you will run yourself ragged competing on price. There are window cleaners out there who are working for peanuts. They have no insurance, probably aren't paying taxes etc. so how can you, as a legitimate business, compete with them. There are also the legitimate businesses who have 10 employees that they are paying minimum wage to. You can't compete with their prices either, if you are a 1 person gig and want to make a decent living. You need to offer value instead of price. What do you bring to the table that your competition doesn't?

Just being clean-cut, punctual, polite, and doing a great job is head-and-shoulders above a lot of window cleaners out there.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Poulsbo Window Cleaning
post #8 of Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 AM

I know about the residential window cleaning price and it is like:
  • Normal ground floor window=1.20
  • Difficult to reach window= 2.40
  • Powder coated window= 1.70
new york fire damage help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode