Share Your Window Cleaning Stories - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-04-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Share Your Window Cleaning Stories

First off I want to say I've fallen in love with this forum, I've spent my entire morning on it haha.

I'll start this thread with my story/advice.

My dad started a window cleaning company just before I was born. He was a crossing guard for a long time (that was funny,) and then he realized how inexpensive it is to just start cleaning windows for people, and charging them for it.

Once I was 12 years old, he got me up on a ladder to clean a window, it was terrifying. All I could think was: "Who in their right mind would do this to their son?" (It really wasn't that bad, I was about 6 feet off the ground on a ladder, with my dad standing underneath me incase I fell, lol!) Anyways I got good at it at a young age, and started my own company at 22 called Glass Guys.

Honestly this is the route to take, start your own window cleaning company. As long as you have a vehicle and a ladder, there's no reason not to. Why make $100 cleaning windows for 8 hours, when you can make $1500 just because you own the company?

That's my two cents for the day. Though I do have employees, my advice as an owner is to do your own thing. You don't to invest $100,000 to start your business, you have to invest in a cheap truck and a ladder, that's it.

Let me know what you guys think, and visit my website if you have the time, and let me know what you think of that as well: http://www.victoriawindowwashing.ca/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-14-2016, 10:00 PM

Hey dude! I found ya :p you already know my window cleaning stories,

-Silas
post #3 of Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 AM

I was wondering how to clean newly installed window films. It was 3 months back that I got uv film for glass toronto installed for my windows. It's high time I guess to go ahead with the cleaning. How do I clean? Any special products to clean which ensures no chemical reaction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-19-2018, 05:01 PM

When I was cleaning the window I dropped the rag on the flying bird. It flew away with that one) that was a fun day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode