What rate do you charge for Window service - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

What rate do you charge for Window service

I was looking into adding this as an additional service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 AM

The answer is what do you want to make.

Hey Reef,

I have seen this question a lot from people in the service industry. Everyone wants to know what everyone else is charging. Let me give you a formula that works for me in my business and in every other business that I have consulted with over the last 15 years.

What do you want to make? That is the formula.
1. What is your goal?
2. How much did you make in the last 3 months?
3. Multiply the answer to number 2 by 4. This will give you your current reality.
4. Take your goal and subtract the current reality from it. This gives you your magic number.
5. Multiply your magic number by 10% and add your current reality to it. This will give you your short term goal amount.

That amount of money is what you need to earn in the next three months. Divide it by the total working hours you have going and it will give you an hourly rate that you need to make. Sound to easy it isn't.

My hourly rate is over $160.00 per productive hour. Productive hour does not include time spent driving or talking. Productive time is time that you are directly generating income. Most really productive people only get about 2 to 3 hours per day of productive time.

Hope this helps.

Snapper
post #3 of Old 09-07-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pressure Washing View Post
I was looking into adding this as an additional service.

WHY???

Windows are tedious work.We no longer offer residential window cleaning for interiors and do a limited number of exteriors.We still do them on the commercial side,but have not taken on a new account in several years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-07-2006, 02:13 PM

Thought I posted this

Hey Guys,

I thought I posted this but I guess not. Karvonen asked the question WHY do the tedious work. I coach a number of private businesses and have over 1000 readers to my monthly newsletter. One of my clients asked about how to take advantage of all the window cleaners who were no longer doing residential accounts.

Yes the work is hard but what we came up with put $43,000 in new accounts into his pocket. He was able to hire a full time employee pay a good salary and still pocket $10,000 in income every year. While this has only been going for 5 months now, he collected $12,000 on the first visit to the new clients home. It took some time but in 90 days he added 80 new clients and 43,000 in gross revenue, created a new job and is getting referrals like crazy.

Take a look at the work around you. Do what others will not and you will make a good living.

Snapper
post #5 of Old 09-07-2006, 03:25 PM

Snapper,
Resi windows for us became a huge headache.Customer cancellations,working around window treatments & furniture that should have been removed prior to our arrival were all reasons why we dropped the interior service.
We'll do exteriors as part of our deluxe house wash package,but if they choose a cheaper package they get brushed after we apply our house wash mix and rinsed with the rest of the house.They always come out looking great and nearly spot free.
post #6 of Old 09-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Just saying I understand why you do it but you also leave a big market for others. Marcus ( my client) saw the potential and we worked up a plan for it and it is making him money.

I am not a cleaner. Hip replacement has even taken me out of most of the physical stuff I used to do. Now I use my knowledge to help folks see opportunities.

I appreciate the work ethic most of you guys have. You take more turndowns than most salespeople ever ask for. That is why I enjoy working with small contractors and independent service people.

Snapper
post #7 of Old 05-12-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Take a look at the work around you. Do what others will not and you will make a good living
Great advice snapper. This is exactly why I'll be offering window cleaning in the near future.
sorry...didn't realize how old this post was, but still great advice

Last edited by Rich; 05-12-2007 at 07:58 AM.
post #8 of Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Hey Guys,

I thought I posted this but I guess not. Karvonen asked the question WHY do the tedious work. I coach a number of private businesses and have over 1000 readers to my monthly newsletter. One of my clients asked about how to take advantage of all the window cleaners who were no longer doing residential accounts.

Yes the work is hard but what we came up with put $43,000 in new accounts into his pocket. He was able to hire a full time employee pay a good salary and still pocket $10,000 in income every year. While this has only been going for 5 months now, he collected $12,000 on the first visit to the new clients home. It took some time but in 90 days he added 80 new clients and 43,000 in gross revenue, created a new job and is getting referrals like crazy.

Take a look at the work around you. Do what others will not and you will make a good living.

Snapper
This is really one of the best advice I read in this thread.. And I agree with you, Do the the things what the other do not do to a make a good difference..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode