2 Businesses - 1 Name? Or 2? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-09-2013, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

2 Businesses - 1 Name? Or 2?

A few months back I started a residential cleaning business. The name of it is "The Green Boutique Cleaning Co." I chose this name not only because I do "green" cleaning but because the name boutique implies an attention to detail, special touches and give a "boutique hotel" sort of feeling.

I am now planning on getting some commercial contracts and not sure if I should start a new company with a more "commercial" name that will attract commercial clients.

I have a marketing background and understand that I will be marketing differently to residential clients and commercial clients.

So my question is do I keep my residential company name to promote my commercial services or do I create a "commercial only" name/company and just run my commercial clients through that and keep them separate from my residential ones?

Thoughts?

Last edited by tracyselena; 10-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Anyone...any thoughts?
post #3 of Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Hey TracySelena, I love your name choice! In my opinion, you need to stay with your company name and just expand the business towards commercial clients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 PM

You would do well to use two names for the two different positionings. That would be ideal. But remember that if you do that you will double your expenses. Business cards, trucks/signage, advertising, etc. Will add a lot of cost to your operations so you will need to plan for that.
post #5 of Old 07-30-2014, 04:54 PM

I would stick with the same name. I know you want a name that promotes the commercial aspect, but branding is going to be an issue later on. As long as you feel your business name won't alienate your commercial market, I would stay with the same name.

It sounds like you are just offering another service and not necessarily changing your company - just growing.

-R&R Carpet Cleaning
post #6 of Old 08-02-2014, 03:26 AM

Don't forget, hotels can be boutique too! I'd not go as far as forming a separate company; maybe just do some new cards and brochures and pitch this new venture as a "division of The Green Boutique Cleaning Co." It's a very strong, attractive brand you've got there and if I were you I'd leverage it. If you want to keep the accounts separate, any competent accounting software can deal with that.
post #7 of Old 12-18-2014, 08:48 PM

One name is fine.
post #8 of Old 12-20-2014, 09:09 PM

In marketing this is known as bad planning.... I would say this is the reason for a marketing BACKground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode