accepting credit cards..HELP! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

accepting credit cards..HELP!

Hey guys, i need your help. Do any of you know a good payment solution for evertytime we go make our works at houses? A lot of people want to pay by credit card but aren't sure to give me their cards' numbers for me to charge'em later, not in front of them..i need to find a way to charge credit cards at the moment..thanks! i need your reply ASAP!!

Last edited by claudine; 08-23-2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudine View Post
Hey guys, i need your help. Do any of you know a good payment solution for evertytime we go make our works at houses? A lot of people want to pay by credit card but aren't sure to give me their cards' numbers for me to charge'em later, not in front of them..i need to find a way to charge credit cards at the moment..thanks! i need your reply ASAP!!
You could buy a manual card reader, hook up through wi-fi or a phone service or just write out the slip manually

Intuit, makers of QuickBooks has a gate way that allows them to pay on-line and it's only fifty cents a transaction.
post #3 of Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM

I use GoPayment from Intuit. With GoPayment you can take payment on your comp if you are charging ahead, on your phone through an app or you can get a card reader that attaches to your phone and you can just slide the credit card through. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 PM

I use the SalesVu app on my iPhone. The great thing about it is that you can keep inventory, it has Facebook integration and it's on the cloud (big plus just in case you lose your phone). Just go to the Apple app store and download it for free and get a free card reader too. Or you can simply visit www.salesvu.com
post #5 of Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 AM

PayPal is pretty good as long as you have good credit. I have heard that if your credit doesn't pass then they will hold 20% of the sale for 3 months. Other than that its great though.
post #6 of Old 09-15-2011, 09:54 PM

PayPal the best solution. Your customer no longer need to open an account with PayPal to be able to use it to pay for the service by credit card. It is completely free. You pay only for transaction 2.9%+$0.30. With identity theft such a global problem nowadays even the big players on the net now offer alternative payment gateway as PayPal in addition to their own card processing
post #7 of Old 09-15-2011, 11:26 PM

It was question but I already found it. Thanks
post #8 of Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveOnClean View Post
PayPal the best solution. Your customer no longer need to open an account with PayPal to be able to use it to pay for the service by credit card. It is completely free. You pay only for transaction 2.9%+$0.30. With identity theft such a global problem nowadays even the big players on the net now offer alternative payment gateway as PayPal in addition to their own card processing
Unless your credit check doesn't pass with them I would completely agree with them. But what would you recommend to companies with poor credit, because I have seen a few smaller businesses that were really hurt by how much Paypal holds from the transaction.
post #9 of Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM

We have had SEVERAL credit card processing companies including Paypal. The problem with Paypal is the high percentage you are going to have to pay on the transactions you run with them. We now use 5/3rd bank for our credit card transactions. They do most of the processing for other 3rd party companies you see advertising on the web. If you have a local branch, stop in or give them a call. So far they have been great with money posted to our Wachovia (Wells Fargo) bank account by the next day. You don't have to have a checking account or savings account to use their services.
post #10 of Old 09-23-2011, 06:51 PM

A lot of the guys that I network with are using Square. They send you a little device that you can plug into a smart phone or tablet and swipe cards or you can put them in manually.
I haven't used it but I've only heard positive things about it so far. What little CC payments I get go through Paypal.
post #11 of Old 09-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
A lot of the guys that I network with are using Square. They send you a little device that you can plug into a smart phone or tablet and swipe cards or you can put them in manually.
I haven't used it but I've only heard positive things about it so far. What little CC payments I get go through Paypal.
My son's band actually uses that. They love it, and they also love that they aren't limited to accepting only cash now.
post #12 of Old 10-15-2011, 01:49 AM

solution

PayPal is actually a terrible idea for accepting payments. Youll just have to find out the hard way when you need to get your money and then all the fees you'll pay. I use Quickbooks software and load the Go Payment app on my smartphone ang it works like a charm. The fees are the same as if I took down credit card info and charged it on my computer. Plus there is no additional charges to use the app. Once you set up you intuit merchant account the app is a part of the deal, It has been awesome and customers love it when I sit there a run the card in front of them. And is instant it charges immediately, you can design your company logo for email receipts; it looks very professional. Plus by emailing the receipt to the customer it also gets there email for furture communication with the customer.
post #13 of Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionChemDry View Post
PayPal is actually a terrible idea for accepting payments. Youll just have to find out the hard way when you need to get your money and then all the fees you'll pay. I use Quickbooks software and load the Go Payment app on my smartphone ang it works like a charm. The fees are the same as if I took down credit card info and charged it on my computer. Plus there is no additional charges to use the app. Once you set up you intuit merchant account the app is a part of the deal, It has been awesome and customers love it when I sit there a run the card in front of them. And is instant it charges immediately, you can design your company logo for email receipts; it looks very professional. Plus by emailing the receipt to the customer it also gets there email for furture communication with the customer.
For us it wasn't the fee's. It was the fact that we had anywhere from 800 to 1000 tied up with them at any given time because they put a hold on it.
post #14 of Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM

I use my smart phone easy as pie

Carpet cleaners Brandon Fl
Carpet Doctor
212 East Ross Ave.
Tampa fl 33602
(813)440-8335
post #15 of Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 AM

it depends upon the amount of transactions you are handling overall. If it is not that high Paypal works out the cheapest, although I've heard plenty of stories from people about Paypal not releasing money in a timely manner.

If you are not going to use Paypal you will need to set up both a merchant account and a payment gateway, and both of these services want their cut.

You need to look at what each charge and work it out on a graph estimating your average number of transactions and your average amount per transactions as some charge per transaction and some charge a straight overall % fee

--
Malinko - Job scheduling and CRM Made Easy
(t) +44161 850 0111
Appointment Scheduling & CRM Software for Cleaners
post #16 of Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Has anybody had any experience yet with the "intuit" payment processor for your smart phone. How does it compare to the other devices that do the same thing. Rates?
post #17 of Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 AM

i use intuit

I you the intuit merchant services. The app you are referring to for smartphones is called "Go Payment". The rates are the same if you use the app to run a card or if you run it on your computer. The app is free to download and is just an extension to run credit cards on the go. I personally love it , it really works like a charm for me. And you can do everything on the app. run cards, charge backs, email receipts, look up past charges, totals, its a very cool little app. If you want to know exact rates just go to Intuit Merchant Services website to get the details.
post #18 of Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM

post #19 of Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionChemDry View Post
I you the intuit merchant services. The app you are referring to for smartphones is called "Go Payment". The rates are the same if you use the app to run a card or if you run it on your computer. The app is free to download and is just an extension to run credit cards on the go. I personally love it , it really works like a charm for me. And you can do everything on the app. run cards, charge backs, email receipts, look up past charges, totals, its a very cool little app. If you want to know exact rates just go to Intuit Merchant Services website to get the details.
Agreed... it works perfect for us! No monthly fees...easy to use, intergrates with quickbooks, and emails reciepts.
post #20 of Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmalaski View Post
Agreed... it works perfect for us! No monthly fees...easy to use, intergrates with quickbooks, and emails reciepts.
Thats good to know that it integrates with quickbooks. That actually just helped me make my mind up on this product. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Tags
credit cards , payment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode