almost 3 months and nothing - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-11-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

almost 3 months and nothing

ive been in business since July of 2013. ive been marketing my butt off, mailing letters, tweeting, facebooking, making cold calls, posting ads on craigslist, passing out my business cards to anyone who speaks to me and ive received no phone calls or emails.

im getting VERY frustrated. i cant seem to get anyone to want speak to me. im advertising everyday but my email box is empty and the phone never rings.

im seriously considering pay per appointment or lead generation at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 AM

It happens initially, you cannot expect something directly at first. You need to get some referrals and then go talk with them about your service to attract them. What you are doing is blind marketing like shooting in arrow, you need to find the area where you can shoot.
post #3 of Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 AM

Marketing

You need to use your selling skills to contact potential business and persuade them to give you an appointment for a no obligation cleaning quote. Don't expect anyone to call or email you back. You need to make the appointment by selling them on what you have to offer that will improve their situation.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-19-2013, 12:28 PM

That is frustrating.

When I stared (Residential /small office) I flyered directly to the source, right on the door. I personally did the first 2,000 at about 250 per day. Loooong days! I then hired college students to do it and did another 5,000. I had full-time work within a month.

Those processes you listed are too diffused. You need to be targeted when starting and then go more broad after you are busy.

Hope that helps!
post #5 of Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 PM

Sometimes you just have to think out side the box. Do you have a unique (USP) unique selling proposition? Something that makes you stand out from others in your area? I haven't been in business very long since September 2013. However, my client base is slowly building each week. I just keep reading more books and compiling more information on the business.
Keep smiling, hard work and persistence will pay off.

Tracy
Bucket N Sudz Cleaning Company
www.bucketnsudz.com
post #6 of Old 10-31-2013, 08:08 AM

That is a shame to hear, but you have to keep at it, it takes a while to get things moving but once they do you will be fine, alot of us have been there at one point or another. Good luck.
post #7 of Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 PM

I would like to add that Facebooking and tweeting does next to nothing for getting you actual cleaning jobs - in any real number. It is a bad tactic anyway because you do not want any old client that stumbles by, you want to pre-qualify your clients and target them directly.

You have to go direct in the first couple of months, then you broaden out after that.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #8 of Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 PM

it may not directly get you many clients but i'd say it helps verify your business. if a customer stumbles across your site and sees you twitter or facebook feed and views it and then sees a few years of activity, perhaps it's boring but it shows you're active and a real company
post #9 of Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 AM

Do you have a website? If so, who is doing your SEO's? How are people finding you on the web?

Who do you want to target? Are there specific neighborhoods? Are you doing resi and commercial? If so, concentrate on ONE of those to begin with.

Lead generation can cost more than it is worth it. Craigslist is a waste of time, too many trunkslammers.
post #10 of Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Add your listings for local advertising pages.

Yelp
Care
YellowPages
MerchantCircle
smallbusiness.yahoo
Yellowbook
business.angieslist

We think itís important to provide skilled and experienced personnel so our work is always of the highest standard. Corona Cleaning
We are a family business, we have several years of experience and we can clean your house, office or apartment and we do it reliably and on time
post #11 of Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Offer a discount cleaning to get it rolling

You can offer introductory specials on groupon and livingsocial to get the ball rolling. Many of these one time jobs will work into full time gigs and you cancget references and testimonials quickly. I had client that got over 60 one-time jobs running a special and got 12 long term clients out of it. The trade off is they are not the highest paying jobs.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #12 of Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Clean Team View Post
ive been in business since July of 2013. ive been marketing my butt off, mailing letters, tweeting, facebooking, making cold calls, posting ads on craigslist, passing out my business cards to anyone who speaks to me and ive received no phone calls or emails.

im getting VERY frustrated. i cant seem to get anyone to want speak to me. im advertising everyday but my email box is empty and the phone never rings.

im seriously considering pay per appointment or lead generation at this point.
What services do you offer ?
post #13 of Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 AM

Many thanks for the tip

We think itís important to provide skilled and experienced personnel so our work is always of the highest standard. Corona Cleaning
We are a family business, we have several years of experience and we can clean your house, office or apartment and we do it reliably and on time
post #14 of Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 AM

What about running a promotion where you'll do a free cleaning each month for a deserving family. You promote it on your website, company facebook page, craigslist and other free local classified ads.

You might even get a free article about your program from a local paper or something.

Just an idea.

~Rogmo
www.ICleanUSA.com
Where Cleaners & Consumers come together
post #15 of Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 AM
wws

I notice that you didnt say that you had a website. You need an avenue for people to find you, not just for you to find customers.
post #16 of Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 AM

This is the hardest part by far. Think of it as the snow ball theory...Once its moving it is so much easier to keep it moving!

I wish I had a magic wand for you. It is just constant adjustments to see what works and what doesn't. your approach will be always changing. Read books on the subject listen to people talk about sales. If this works it's because of you...If it doesn't, well the same answer.
post #17 of Old 01-09-2014, 04:27 PM

That is extremely frustrating, and I've been there and done that. Do you have an active website you are steering these people to? If not, you might give that some thought so people know that you are a serious and professional company. Do you also have business cards printed that state that you are bonded and insured for peace of mind? Just some suggestions.
post #18 of Old 02-18-2014, 02:11 AM

Just hang in there, I have been in the same position as you have and that's why at time I sub-contract with other cleaning businesses and agencies. I know how hard it is to get contracts that will be permanent clients.
post #19 of Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to jbell0129
keep trying

I started my company may 2011 and didnt get anything until about jan 2012. keep working the contacts and then when u get money rolling in a little use yp or google. And you can create a 15 dollar a month website at wix
post #20 of Old 02-19-2014, 05:26 PM

The original post in this thread was made last October, and the poster hasn't been back. Must have given up.

Rapid HotClean

Call or Text 503-709-3594
Best Roof Cleaning Portland OR
Pressure Washing Portland OR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode