Asked to come in and talk to a chain restaurant but I never worked directly with a re - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Asked to come in and talk to a chain restaurant but I never worked directly with a re

Here's the deal. I am a subcontractor who buffs, strips, and waxes 10 supermarket floors. I've always worked as a subcontractor(FG Maintenance) to a contractor. Word got out that I do amazing work in these supermarkets. And an On The Border restaurant wants to meet me to do their one restaurant directly.

1) like I said, I never worked directly for a supermarket or restaurant as a contractor so do I not tell this restaurant that I subcontract for the supermarkets and just tell them that I am FG Maintenance and will do the restaurant no problems.

2) let's say they say start next week cause we open the new store next week, can I just say yes no problem I'll do this this and this and just sent them an invoice for the work I will do every week or do I need to draw some kind of contract that specifies how much and everything that will be done? If I need to make my first contract ever, how do I make one does it have to be written up by a lawyer or do I just make one up in word? Sorry for these newby questions but word is getting out that we do amazing work and I had never thought about working for a supermarket or restaurant directly but I am in demand I guess.

3) since they are say they are amazed by my work and want to hire me directly and I've never done anything on my own, I have no idea what to charge for the maintenance of one On The Border restaurant. How do I figure out what to charge them for this work which will definetly be easier than buffing stripping and waxing 10 huge supermarkets.

Heeeeeelllllllpppppppppp!!!

Thanks and God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode