Best Cleaning business books - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-25-2013, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Best Cleaning business books

Anyone know of any good books on the matter that are worth purchasing. What are some books that explain the ins and outs of the whole business. Not wanting commercial just residential and small offices. Looking for a book that gives ideas of how to start up and maintain a small cleaning business. Just want this for myself not to hire a bunch of others. I may hire 1 or 2 workers after I build a steady client
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 AM

Sounds great, always good to increase productivity were possible.
this could save a huge amount of time and money.

UK Renewable Heating Solutions
post #3 of Old 10-31-2013, 12:40 AM

I am a big reader, I'll pretty much read anything you put in front of me. There are a ton of good books available, you should check out what's available at your local library. I found lots of helpful ones at the library here. Books specifically for starting your own cleaning business are great, but I've found that the business section has been a great source of information as well. Time management, small business tips, internet marketing. Even though these were no aim solely at the cleaning business they did have a pile of helpful information and suggestions.

Tracy
Bucket N Sudz Cleaning Company
www.bucketnsudz.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Two great books I highly recommend:

1. Start and Run a home cleaning business, by Susan Bewsey

2. How to make money in the cleaning business, by James Revie (e-book)

Latoya Hudley, LH Superior Cleaning Services, LLC
Raleigh, NC (919) 817-8331

post #5 of Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM

Since you asked:-) My wife wrote 4 books / methods that are some of the best selling online. It has evolved into a complete business system. We have helped thousands start a cleaning business. See my signature for the link.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #6 of Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 PM

First and foremost, you have to decide what area of cleaning you would like to do. Do you have an interest in doing residential or commercial cleaning? With residential cleaning, you will be working in your client's home. With commercial, you will work in office buildings, apartments, restaurants, construction sites, etc. Residential is usually done during the day and commercial is done after hours. Decide what is most appealing to you. You can even do both. It is best to start out small and, once you get the experience, you can move on to offering many services. Set yourself apart from others. If you offer residential house cleaning and you have a lot of competition in your area, you may want to offer a "special touch" to your cleaning services. For example, offer bed turnovers, laundry service (if that is your thing), and dish washing. Never compromise your prices to try to get ahead of the competition!

Ever Clean Facility Services Private limited
http://evercleanindia.com
+91 98432 72132
+91 91500 00432
post #7 of Old 12-25-2013, 07:43 PM

This forum is awesome, great thread.
post #8 of Old 12-26-2013, 08:00 AM

A great place to start, as you have already is learning about starting a cleaning business is reading right here on this board.

Lots to learn here on cleaning talk.
post #9 of Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Like your books. Reading books by authors who have first hand experience of setting up and running office cleaning businesses is a great way to get some insights into the business. Books from authors like Jacquelyn Lynn and Susan Bewsey are worth reading.
post #10 of Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 PM

There are many books on cleaning available online. You can search them on Google.
post #11 of Old 03-05-2014, 03:12 AM

According to which types of book you read,because many types of books cleaning available in online,you can search the book by the help of google search engine.

Last edited by manmohanbkd; 09-17-2014 at 04:05 AM.
post #12 of Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 PM

The Ultimate Sales Machine -Chet Holmes
post #13 of Old 03-18-2014, 08:18 PM

Gonna give some of these a read, thanks a lot!

Easy Clean Toronto - Your Cleaning Services Toronto | Google+ | Book Online
post #14 of Old 02-26-2015, 10:02 PM

books books books

there is soooo much more to it than just reading books on starting and running cleaning companies, what may work for one set of people wont work for others, just the way it is.. now BUSINESS books like those by Micheal Gerber and such..are valuable IMO

James Long
Innovative Glass
post #15 of Old 03-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsknox View Post
there is soooo much more to it than just reading books on starting and running cleaning companies, what may work for one set of people wont work for others, just the way it is.. now BUSINESS books like those by Micheal Gerber and such..are valuable IMO
Books do help a lot especially for those that are completely new to running a business. There are quite a lot of people that used to work for a company and want to start their own but doesn't know how to.
post #16 of Old 03-01-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Lape View Post
Books do help a lot especially for those that are completely new to running a business. There are quite a lot of people that used to work for a company and want to start their own but doesn't know how to.
Oh I completely agree I read all the time mainly business or marketing, I was basing my comment off post title. I think industry exclusive books one should read, but dont base your entire reading and studying on them

James Long
Innovative Glass
post #17 of Old 03-03-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igsknox View Post
Oh I completely agree I read all the time mainly business or marketing, I was basing my comment off post title. I think industry exclusive books one should read, but dont base your entire reading and studying on them
wasn't trying to harp on ya sorry about that. Anyways for the OP, I'm afraid nothing comes into mind for a specific book. I only read two maybe three but I never really had the time to finish all of em. I always get de-hooked after some reads especially when it gets too technical but that's just me. I do highly recommend seeking legal help so you can set up some protection for you and you're company. It should be done especially since you're just starting up and because a lot of people/companies would try to take advantage of start-ups.
post #18 of Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Lape View Post
wasn't trying to harp on ya sorry about that. Anyways for the OP, I'm afraid nothing comes into mind for a specific book. I only read two maybe three but I never really had the time to finish all of em. I always get de-hooked after some reads especially when it gets too technical but that's just me. I do highly recommend seeking legal help so you can set up some protection for you and you're company. It should be done especially since you're just starting up and because a lot of people/companies would try to take advantage of start-ups.
Oh no Worries I didnt see it that way. I hear ya though when it comes to reading allot of technical data, my eyes glaze over too, haha, but this past year I actually started on to Audiobooks.... complete game changer right there

James Long
Innovative Glass
post #19 of Old 03-24-2015, 07:58 PM

Instead if paying money for books, why not just read content on websites?
Their are some amazing posts all about how to start a cleaning business, which also includes special tips and tricks on how to do so. Including marketing and promotion of your cleaning business, and so on.

I recommend checking out websites that contain amazing content on how to start and build a good cleaning business. Books will cost you much more, and provide the same information.
post #20 of Old 03-26-2015, 07:25 AM

Thank you all for the useful information!
Cleaners Tooting Bec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode