Best Tips for online business? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-24-2016, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Smile Best Tips for online business?

I newly created a website, but tell me how to promote it, apart from social media, give me best tips to focus on, in the initial level of the business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 PM

here is a good place to start and the info is FREE. Yes, he has a paid course also which is online and is good. Brad BD Janitorial.com
https://www.jm-seo.org/free-403/top-10-tools/
post #3 of Old 03-28-2016, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Best Tips for online business

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjanitorial View Post
here is a good place to start and the info is FREE. Yes, he has a paid course also which is online and is good. Brad BD Janitorial.com
https://www.jm-seo.org/free-403/top-10-tools/
Thank You, good information, i have gone through it, i have a question that you mentioned 4 blog posts minimum in social media, but what should be the maximum length (if good quality). Sometimes over posting defames us, tell me if!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

when i started i got my business on every thing free i could find..On Internet wasn't going for the first letter in alphabet,. but to save money.. then build a site and start working on getting more contractors, roofer, ect.. Craigslist helped. but you said no social media, but motivation and dedication, Quality work, and a lot of time on the desktop trying to find ways to get good link backs
post #5 of Old 04-15-2016, 06:30 AM

If you just started a business I assume you don't have big money for its promotion in the beginning, so I'd recommend to find cheap or even free ways on how to find your clients and advertize your business. There are some platforms, directories where you can list your company with a link to your website or create a profile and get the clients from there.
There is a good article about online as well as offline ways of promotion a business, I suggest reading it, there are really good tips you can apply: https://www.hirerush.com/blog/online...ning-business/
post #6 of Old 04-21-2016, 04:05 AM

if You have good budget You can get market as your budget if you dont have you can start with classifed website . social media, will be best for in begining if You need anything help You can inbox me . we can guide you
post #7 of Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 PM

on page seo, backlinks, review, etc
post #8 of Old 05-04-2016, 01:07 PM

w3webmaster.. I find it overwhelming all the social media sites and could spend all day posting on these sites. I picked one social media G+ ( funny, I seem to pick dying technologies--such as my windows phone). You asked about blog post length, I try to keep it short, get to the point, use a catchy headline and try to Give something away such as a new product review, maybe a survey on why customers change vendors. Jason McDonald just put out a book on social media Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to Use Social Media for BusinessSep 16, 2015
by Jason McDonald Ph.D.
Available on Amazon $28-30 Brad BD Janitorial
post #9 of Old 05-04-2016, 09:30 PM

I've had 5 websites for 5 different businesses that were all on first page of google and 3 were #1 on google for several different search terms. I'm currently making a new one now that I think will be better positioned than any of the others.... but who knows until a year from now.

Anyway, bd, a HUGE thing that is keeping your site down is that you have four H1's on the home page. Google only wants one. You have three H2's which is ok but that's about the limit I'd say. You have five H3's which is fine. You have two H4's which is also fine. You have three H5's which is ok but why? And you have one H6 again, ok but why?

I can't tell which is which but I can tell you that you need to change the wording in your titles. The H1 on your page needs to read something like... The Best Janitorial Service Portland Oregon

And that should be the ONLY H1 on the page.

In order for google to favor you, your website must be made for SEO. Lots of people make the website very reader friendly without thinking about what google thinks. You H1's and H2's are very important in what you say so it leads google to your site.

83% of your site is made of images. Google needs text and it wants text that is reader friendly but also tells exactly what you do. Google can't see images. The only thing it knows about images is how you mark them from the backside.... and I'm not sure it reads a slide show very well at all even if the images are labeled correctly.

Lots of internal links but only 1 external (from G+ just like you said lol). You have 0 search engine back links and is not indexed by any search engines.

Also, for every different city that you service, make it it's own separate page.

Just a very, very few things that could help. There are oh so many more things to do..... but I will tell you.... social media sites are not getting any of you anywhere until you have your site made correctly and set up correctly from the backside.

I hope that helps a little. By the way, if you paid for someone to make that site for you.... get a baseball bat and go knock them on the head or atleast make them give you a HUGE bottle of lube.
post #10 of Old 05-11-2016, 09:33 AM

Google Local Listing will help your biz

Great question!! Like others have mentioned you want to find as many FREE ways to market your business and website as possible and then move up from there to some paid options.

If you don't have a Google My Business Local Listing that's a great place to start and it's free. That will help move your business name, phone number, and website up in the Google Maps Lisiting. It also gives your customers a place to leave reviews etc.

Also make sure you have lots of keyword dense content on your website. The search engines love this!! Ideally, you want to do everything you can to get your site showing up in the search engines. This includes some free options but usually you will need to pay for getting help with SEO, backlinks, directory listings etc.

Hope this helps!!
post #11 of Old 05-11-2016, 08:34 PM

Google Maps

Definitely, google maps will help. One thing that really help is good SEO which means relevant content that is usually around 1000 words on the first page and about 500 words on the others.

You really need to do your keyword research and what also helps is that your site is set up with a Home page, About, Contact, Services, and a Privacy Policy. Google, I think, takes that all into account. I set my website up by these 'rules' and it's been slowly climbing to the top.

Social media is also good, but I really like Adwords. That's getting a lot more benefit than the same money spent of Facebook.

Let me know if you want some help. I'm a nerd and love the website stuff.
post #12 of Old 05-17-2016, 02:01 AM

Hey there! I don't know about online business, but I read this blog recently, that's sure helpful for other businesses. http://www.ontariobusinesscentral.ca...-central-blog/ However, you can go through it. Hope it helps you in some way.
post #13 of Old 05-26-2016, 03:22 AM

Starting your own business is no longer a pipe dream. This is the information age, the computer age, the digital age. Whatever you want to call it, modern society’s transition to connected living has created opportunities on an unheard-of scale. The average person is perfectly poised to take advantage of all that the digital world offers.

I’ve been running my own online business for over three years now. I’m not a veteran entrepreneur by any measure, not even in internet years, but I’ve had a successful start and learned plenty along the way.

Check out my top 5 tips for starting your own online business.
1. Make The Obvious Choice
2. Know Your Niche
3. Networking Is King
4. Marketing Is A Mindset
5. Diversify Aggressively
post #14 of Old 07-19-2016, 02:15 AM

5 Tips For Starting Your Own Online Business:
1. Make The Obvious Choice.
2. Know Your Niche.
3. Networking Is King.
4. Marketing Is A Mindset.
5. Diversify Aggressively.
post #15 of Old 07-30-2016, 05:40 PM

Prospect... Prospect... Invest money in marketing, we all need clients to keep the business running.
post #16 of Old 08-11-2016, 09:46 AM

I think a great place to start is Google My Business. You've got to get your website verified and set up the right way. There are so many websites out there that you simply won't be found unless you've optimized your site the best you can. There are some relatively easy and inexpensive things you can do but I would suggest starting with getting your business listed in as many directories (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc) as possible, starting with Google My Business local listing.
Then make sure everything about your website is "keyword friendly". When people do a search for "cleaning" for example, Google is going to find not only every website with the word cleaning in it, but websites that have used that word or words like it in a wise way. Don't overdo it. Too much use of keywords can look spammy to Google and you get bumped back a page or two or three.
Another thing is to make sure your website is cell phone friendly. Pull up your site on a smart phone to see what it looks like and how well it works. More than 1/2 of your potential customers are going to use their phones to find you so a website responsive site is an absolute necessity.
There is so much you can do! Don't get overwhelmed. Do some research on SEO and you'll find lots of great resources. But ultimately if you don't have the time to do the SEO you might need to consider hiring someone to do it for you so you can focus on your business.
post #17 of Old 08-12-2016, 02:12 AM

nice tips
post #18 of Old 08-15-2016, 10:44 PM

Thanks for sharing
post #19 of Old 08-16-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicabaugh View Post

Social media is also good, but I really like Adwords. That's getting a lot more benefit than the same money spent of Facebook.

I NEVER had any luck with FB apart from likes, which don't translate to money. Instead, my focus was always on AdWords as it's demand driven and gets in front of people when they're looking for that service. It is expensive without a doubt, done correctly though, it yields awesome results.

Generating commercial cleaning leads. www.JanitorialServiceLeads.com
post #20 of Old 08-16-2016, 02:34 PM

I know when I'm purchasing anything online, reviews have a big impact on my decision to purchase a product or go with a service provider. What methods have people had success encouraging customers to leave reviews?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode