Best way to land contracts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-06-2015, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Best way to land contracts

Hey everyone!

I am a 25 yo aspiring entrepreneur, I launched College Kids Cleaning about 2 1/2 years ago, I printed cards, formed a business plan and did things "by the book" or how they taught us to in Business School. I ended up doing some sub contract work for a couple of cleaning companies doing apartment turnovers, after a few months things fell through....

Here we are now in 2015 and I feel the desire to relaunch the business, and want to focus more on the commercial side of the business, but need to know some strategies that will help me land small contracts, should I print flyers? Cards? Website? How to bid, etc? I am on a small but somewhat flexible budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-06-2015, 03:34 PM

Best thing to do is have something professional looking to show possible new customers. I think your name will be working against you with commercial cleaning. It's one thing to want college students to haul your junk, it's another thing to trust them with the keys to the office after hours and performing professional services in a professional manner. I even tell some new customers that we never use young people for our cleaning.
Just my two cents.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 02-06-2015, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Yes, unfortunately we live in a world with all of these kinds of stereotypes, the name has changed to Millennial Cleaning Company, although I know this still may turn some potential clients off, however my integrity is tied into this business and I want to support and represent professionalism, innovation, entrepreneur spirit(s) among the millennial demographic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode