Best way and resources to start a new cleaning business? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Adam724
  • 1 Post By sbrodk

post #1 of Old 05-23-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Best way and resources to start a new cleaning business?

Hi my name is Adam, I've been doing research about what kind of business to start for a while and have decided to start a cleaning business. I'm curious how you guys got started with your business? What would you do over again if you could do it differently? What's the best way to start off, work alone, hire an employee , or hire a sub contractor?

Would you suggest starting a house cleaning maid service or commercial or industrial cleaning company? Which has the better chance for success and which is more profitable?

Would you suggest once established to add on additional services?

What services are most profitable in the cleaning business for you?

Maid service?
Commercial cleaning accounts?
Window cleaning?
Lawn service?
Tile and grout cleaning?
Roof cleaning?
Floor and carpet cleaning?
Auto cleaning?
Pressure washing?
Construction cleanup?
Forclosure cleanup service?
Air duct cleaning?
Dryer Vent cleaning?
Blinds cleaning?
After event cleanup?
Junk removal?
Water damage, fire, mold restoration?
Any other profitable add on you can suggest?

Do you think starting a cleaning business in a larger city such as Houston or LA would have a better chance at being profitable than starting one in a smaller city such as Raleigh or Richmond?

Or would starting a cleaning business in another country such as the UK or Australia be even more profitable?

What books, dvds, websites, forums, training courses, certifications would you suggest or have helped you along in your career/business?

Have any of you thought about branching out operations into other cities or countries and growing your company like this? What's the best way to go about doing something like this, franchise or start an individual shop in each location?

Would you suggest starting a business from scratch, buying a small existing business and making it more profitable, or buying into a franchise operation?

Would you suggest going at this business startup alone or partnering up?

I really appreciate any and all advice you can give me!
momentum likes this.

Last edited by Adam724; 05-24-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-28-2017, 03:54 PM

The most profitable accounts/jobs are commercial cleaning of common areas at multi-residential buildings. Also, carpet cleaning is extremely profitable.
momentum likes this.
post #3 of Old 05-30-2017, 12:23 PM

Adam. congrats on considering starting your own business. Since I am familiar with janitorial Franchises I will offer my experiences with both a Local Franchise & National Known Franchise.

I got started with a Local franchise which offers commercial janitorial accounts in the city which it is located in. I have done business with this franchise for over 10 years. They have been fair, offered good accounts and some great accounts and some that have not paid--only 2 for me. I have/had 4 accounts with a National Franchise Janitorial Company, 1 account moved away, 1 canceled, 1 still service, 1 canceled for budget reason. I have had way more headaches, non payment--by franchisor, then I have had with thee local franchise. The National Franchise the training they offered in my opinion was poor, it consisted of watching an old dvd of some cleaning people cleaning an office. Most of the accounts they offer look good on paper but when you consider the fees they deduct then maybe it's not such a great deal. As I write this, I am once again battling with National Franchise over what they say in an email doesn't match what is on the check.

I'll close with back in the 80's some people got burned on local janitorial franchisor's selling accounts + add fees and then never delivering the paid for accounts. Do your home work if you decide to go down this road. Brad D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-02-2017, 05:49 AM

Hey ya! carpet cleaning, maid service are all highly profitable businesses at multi residential areas.
post #5 of Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 AM

Hi, @Adam724
post #6 of Old 06-27-2017, 01:27 AM

Hi, you work is good you will also in profitable, but The Highly profitable businesses at multi residential areas. Like Sunshinegutterspro.
post #7 of Old 06-28-2017, 10:38 AM

Commercial cleaning accounts have been really successful for me.
post #8 of Old 06-29-2017, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotty cleaning service View Post
How, commercial cleaning account really successful please tell me some tips.
post #9 of Old 11-07-2017, 05:48 AM

post #10 of Old 11-23-2017, 11:50 PM

nice thread... My friend was also going to start a new cleaning business... Maybe this could help him too... thanks everyone for sharing....
post #11 of Old 11-24-2017, 07:21 AM

Instead of thinking about what is the most profitable part of cleaning, think about what YOU enjoy doing. IMO, one has to enjoy their work to do a great job...and when you do a great job, it will be profitable.
post #12 of Old 12-10-2017, 11:30 PM

Sbrodk, I second to what you suggest. Yes, carpet cleaning is extremely profitable business. One of the best benefits of Hiring professionals do to this job is the fact that it allows for cleaning to go without interrupting the core business of your company or organization.With over 25 years of experience in commercial cleaning, I would say that professional commercial cleaners can cater you the quality service you deserve as theyíre educated on cleaning. Experienced commercial cleaners have in modern times become reasonable and charge modestly for the office cleaning services that they deliver. More Commercial Cleaners Are Going Green. We are leading commercial cleaning service provider in Irvine, California. We are one of the best commercial cleaners in our region. Our rates are reasonable and our work is widely acknowledged.Nice sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #13 of Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM

Great start, carpet Cleaning business is great business for anyone.
post #14 of Old 02-19-2018, 07:16 PM

post #15 of Old 02-26-2018, 01:53 PM

Set yourself apart from the competition! Before getting hired for the job, when someone is interested in your services, schedule a time to meet with them at the location you will be cleaning. Provide your credentials, let them get to know you, and ask questions to get to know them... what are their likes, dislikes and expectations from a cleaning company? Do a walk through of the area you will be cleaning and highlight areas that you know your services will have a major impact on. Wow them so they are so comfortable with you and your services, that they will look no further.

If you need advice on cleaning, or cleaning equipment, please visit our website.

Kristine Harris
https://monsterfloorequipmentparts.com
Monster Floor Equipment Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode