Biggest Challenge - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-24-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Biggest Challenge

Hi everyone,

My name is Barret and I work at Jobber. We're a software company that helps cleaning companies run their businesses more efficiently and get rid of paperwork—we built Jobber to help cleaning companies be more successful!

There are lots of challenges with running any business, but if you could list just one challenge you're experiencing what would it be?

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

- Barret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-26-2017, 04:06 PM

Our company has recently grown to a little over 300 employees, and we service over 150 clients. One problem we run into frequently is efficient and detailed timekeeping. The difficult part is, in order to attribute labor costs per account in the books, we have to not only keep track of each employees overall time worked per pay period, but we need to know where that time was spent. We have a handful of employees that work in numerous smaller facilities throughout the a pay period..two hours here, three hours there, etc., and we have struggled in developing an efficient process to track this.
post #3 of Old 01-26-2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response - super interesting challenge. I think that time tracking component is a pretty big challenge for a lot of companies where employees are out in the field doing the work. Do you have a system in place to track time right now? Are you using excel? Paper? Tech?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-26-2017, 04:16 PM

As ancient as it sounds, we're still using paper. We rely on our Contract Managers to track hours for all the employees working at the buildings they manage within their portfolios. When we collect their timesheets at the end of a pay period, we go through each timesheet and determine the specifics for each employee and then input it into our payroll vendors system. The process takes about 2-3 days. I've been advocating for the adoption of some sort of tech program, but it's a struggle getting anyone to agree to change.
post #5 of Old 01-26-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

It's always super interesting to hear some of the challenges cleaning companies run into. You're definitely not alone in using paper or struggling when it comes to making operational changes. You may want to check out Jobber as it may help you with some of your challenges (I can't post a link in here, but you can always Google 'Jobber' or email us at hello[at]getjobber[dot]com)

Thanks again - appreciate the insight!

Tags
business , software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode