business compliance posters-help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

business compliance posters-help

As a mobile business, I'm not sure where to put one, seeing as it's a POSTER. I don't have an office (yet). Of course, I am wondering why it doesn't also come as a fold up booklet (like a map).

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-14-2015, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean14 View Post
As a mobile business, I'm not sure where to put one, seeing as it's a POSTER. I don't have an office (yet). Of course, I am wondering why it doesn't also come as a fold up booklet (like a map).

Any ideas?
You should put as many posters near you or your target area. The ones that fold up like a map I think are called brochures and are fliers you give around. It doesn't matter if you have an office or not. Just try to spread your reach as much as possible.
post #3 of Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 AM

I'm not sure that's what they are talking about. I was guessing they were talking about the minimum wage posters that we are suppose to have up. Funny thing is when the IRS came to audit us years ago, we didn't have one up and they didn't even mention it. But I'm not real sure what poster they are talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-18-2015, 11:44 AM

Posting of your compliance posters

Post your compliance posters where you run your business out of.
If it's your second bedroom,then post it there.
Garage,post it there.

If you are using your home as your place of business,then that is where you also have your business license location.

Handle your compliance posters the same way.

I was also required to have a first aid kit,however because of course we did not work in the office,I had one first aid kit in the office for myself and I kept a fully stocked first aid kit in each company vehicle.

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #5 of Old 04-21-2015, 12:27 PM

By the way, you can print your own federal notices from the Department of Labor here:

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/posters.htm

You can save a lot of money on those labor law posters from companies that make all-in-one state and all-in-one federal posters every year. They're also a lot less hassle than 17 separate posters!
They're $10.95 per poster (so, $21.90 for everything you need) from these guys, and they'll remind you to buy new ones next year:

http://www.osha-safety-training.net/...w-posters.html

It's not the point that you have them up where people can see them, it's the point that money needs to be taken from the pockets of business owners.
post #6 of Old 04-21-2015, 11:12 PM

Is this a state mandated policy or what?

Providing cleaning & maid services in Tampa, Sarasota, Saint Pete, Lakeland, Brandon, Valrico, Lithia, Fishhawk, Poinciana, and Kissimmee.
post #7 of Old 04-22-2015, 06:14 PM

No, every business in the United States must have it. Some things might change from state to state like minimum wage but every real business must have it..... or is suppose to have it.

Some counties keep close track of who has one and who doesn't because they can fine you for not having one. The odds are slim to none that you would ever get fined but I do know of a person that got busted for it. His county is going broke so they used this as a way to get a lil revenue coming in.
post #8 of Old 11-05-2015, 01:59 AM

To get success in any business you just need to do marketing of your business.Marketing will increase lead generation and as well as increase traffic on your website.
post #9 of Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 AM

.... and once again Corky posts his JUNK. I think the name of his business is correct because he only posts JUNK.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode