Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Ceiling cleaning help

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sofacleaningdublin 
#1 ·
Hi, I just landed a ceiling cleaning job in an empty warehouse. It’s the biggest job I’ve had to date (380,000 sq feet) and I was wondering if someone could help me out as to which is the fastest more efficient way to get the job done. It’s only accumulated dust, dirt and spider webs, there’s no grease oil or goo. I’m all ears and open to any idea.

I thought of vacuuming but then I thought It would take my crew (5 guys) a lot of time, then I thought of doing it with pressure washers but the problem with that is removing the dirty water from the floor, my latest idea is doing it with leaf blowers, blowing the dust and dirt out of the ceiling and beams and then jut moping the floor.

What do you guys think, could it work? please if you have any suggestion as to what would be the fastest most effective way of doing the job it would help me a lot. I’m all ears and open to all and any suggestion. Thank you very much.

#3 ·
You know what. With 380,000 sq ft you have a lot of room to experiment. Try all the ideas you laid out there and measure them for efficiency. Once you have it nailed, use the best technique. One additional method would be to use compressed air to blow it out instead of a leaf blower. Depends on how clean you want it. Leaf blower is going to be less effective. If you use air make sure your folks wear dust masks. Sounds like you are going to fill the air with nasty stuff.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.