Choosing a cleaning business name - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-24-2013, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Choosing a cleaning business name

I know a lot of newbies struggle with this and it is rather important. It is more complicate than you might think at first. One thing people forget about is obtaining the domain name and how that will effect searches and the online social aspect of the business branding.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-25-2013, 12:52 AM

Choosing a cleaning business name

Hi,
This is really a very difficult task. The name you like will not be liked by others or searched by them commonly. When we are starting a business, we have to be focused on products, services and the area we are targeting for our business. Always think from a common man point of view then proceed further.

A complete cleaning service provider for all.
post #3 of Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

I agree, good advice.

The area served can play into the name as well. I live in a town called Asheville so the name could be Asheville Cleaning Solutions - which has a pun in it and helps people to remember. Even better if there is a primary upscale neighborhood you want to clean in, you could go with Montford Custom Clean. You are targeting high end cleaning jobs, so custom is a good keyword. Clean sounds more upscale than cleaning. I have seen retro names like Kustom Kleen with a 50s look although for me that implies a bargain deal, which may be a good tactic. Just do not mic up your message (which I see a lot) do not give both a bargain message and an upscale message, they cancel each other out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 AM

We clean green, we are Green Clean.
post #5 of Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

I suppose there is cleaning business name list thread on here somewhere?

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #6 of Old 11-04-2013, 03:21 PM

Make sure that your name is not taken at http://www.uspto.gov/

Anyone that owns the trademark could soon own everything you have.
post #7 of Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM

A business name should be one which is catchy and helps you target your business amongst the customers.
post #8 of Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

It also has to take into account many other factors such as your domain name options and pre-qualifying your clients.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #9 of Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

I have written an article on choosing a cleaning business name that may be of help to new people starting a cleaning service.

post #10 of Old 01-09-2014, 04:39 AM

I do agree with the thing said..the business name has to be interesting .. like your name with the word clean. A commercial carpet cleaning company name is also can be chosen by the area specific.. like area name and add clean and wash.

There is a lot to learn from here..
post #11 of Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Just always do your research so it doesn't bite you in the butt later. Do something that will draw others attentions towards your business rather than someone else.
post #12 of Old 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Just don't get too clever. :-) Sometimes the most obvious cleaning service name is the best like Asheville Custom Clean or Asheville Cleaning Services, especially for search results. Having the area in the business name is good classic marketing design. But the name may already be taken.

See if your family name has any pun potential too.

You can introduce humor into your slogan and website / marketing text, it does not have to be in your name.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode