CPA or Quickbooks? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

CPA or Quickbooks?

I been hearing great things about how efficient and seamless Quickbooks is in keeping your financial statements on track and organized, most especially handy during tax season.

I have QB, but seems a bit complicated for me. Many online free tutorials and help is available, but will take a bit a time to comfortably learn how to operate QB and get the most out of it.

My question is, should I outsource all my financial aspects and let a Certified Public Accountant handle it, or would be worth it learn QB to save myself money instead of paying a CPA to do it for me?

Want to know about your experiences with QB (if used for your business) and/or hiring a CPA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 PM

I'm using Quickbooks right now (and I have for other businesses as well) and I didn't find it overly difficult at first, although getting things setup correctly can be a bit of a challenge. I would recommend having a CPA advise you on how to setup your chart of accounts and everything and to be on call for any questions or concerns you may have...then do the rest yourself. The software has a lot of "checks and balances" built in and it is hard to mess something up, unlike excel spreadsheets and other bookkeeping methods. Make sure to have your CPA check over it at the end of the year to make any corrections/modifications and submit the final paperwork for you. The charge should be fairly reasonable if you do it this way, and you'll have a better understanding of your company's financials on a day-to-day basis then if someone else was doing all the work for you (like a bookkeeper and CPA). Just my 2 cents but I would love to hear other peoples opinions as well.
post #3 of Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMaids View Post
I'm using Quickbooks right now (and I have for other businesses as well) and I didn't find it overly difficult at first, although getting things setup correctly can be a bit of a challenge. I would recommend having a CPA advise you on how to setup your chart of accounts and everything and to be on call for any questions or concerns you may have...then do the rest yourself. The software has a lot of "checks and balances" built in and it is hard to mess something up, unlike excel spreadsheets and other bookkeeping methods. Make sure to have your CPA check over it at the end of the year to make any corrections/modifications and submit the final paperwork for you. The charge should be fairly reasonable if you do it this way, and you'll have a better understanding of your company's financials on a day-to-day basis then if someone else was doing all the work for you (like a bookkeeper and CPA). Just my 2 cents but I would love to hear other peoples opinions as well.
Thank you for your input. I will consider talking to a CPA to advise me on how to set up my chart of accounts and answer all my concerning questions. Anyone know what I should expect for a CPA to charge me in regards to advising?

I dont have a clue and want to go ask with some reference or idea, so I won't be taken advantaged by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM

Maybe you could have a personal CPA at first. For you to be guided on what and how to do things right and in a manner where it is organized and presentable enough. By the time when you are oriented with the flow, you can use the quickbooks then for additional information. Experience and actual practice is far more different than what you have read in books. Howeverm they do correlate with one another but the techniques on how to make it easy are barely found in the books.
post #5 of Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Any ballpark prices I should anticipate from a CPA in this case?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode