I dont have employees, and dont want any. But if I did, here are some things I would include:
1. NO cell phone use during work
2. NO listening to headphones or radios, etc., during work. Doing otherwise does not present a professional image!~
3. Always be honest. If something happens you regret, let me know immediately. (IE If you break something, make an error, etc. Most boo boos can be fixed but the owner and I needs to know right away! It may be better if I speak with the owner, to take the heat off you.)
4. Do not eat on the job. Do that on your break. If you have a medical condition that requires more frequent eating (such as I do), let me know and we can work something out.
5. Keep me informed about what you find on each job. What are the issues, problems...how is the owner to deal with? Agreeable or otherwise? Let me know immediately and we will figure something out to make it all work.
6. Always look clean and presentable. I strongly suggest wearing full length aprons with pockets. This protects your clothing. Do not wear sloppy looking clothes. Wear something comfortable, clean and presentable.
7. ALWAYS wear gloves! I know they can be icky and make your hands sweat, but they do protect you from bacteria and water damage. Wear gloves, daggone it!
8, Always check your supplies before you walk into the job to clean. Make sure you have everything you need - at hand. Bring a bucket if it helps you (does for me!) and put various supplies in it plus a bag or tote or whatever full of the other stuff you need. Try to see absolutely prepared when you walk into the job, because this makes a very good impression on owners.
These are just a few ideas, and I am sure others will have many more.