Employee Handbook-COmmercial Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-11-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Employee Handbook-COmmercial Cleaning

What are some things that goes into the employee handbook for a commercial cleaning company? Is anyone willing to share their employee handbook with me?

Last edited by dcssgreen; 06-11-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM

I dont have employees, and dont want any. But if I did, here are some things I would include:

1. NO cell phone use during work
2. NO listening to headphones or radios, etc., during work. Doing otherwise does not present a professional image!~
3. Always be honest. If something happens you regret, let me know immediately. (IE If you break something, make an error, etc. Most boo boos can be fixed but the owner and I needs to know right away! It may be better if I speak with the owner, to take the heat off you.)
4. Do not eat on the job. Do that on your break. If you have a medical condition that requires more frequent eating (such as I do), let me know and we can work something out.
5. Keep me informed about what you find on each job. What are the issues, problems...how is the owner to deal with? Agreeable or otherwise? Let me know immediately and we will figure something out to make it all work.
6. Always look clean and presentable. I strongly suggest wearing full length aprons with pockets. This protects your clothing. Do not wear sloppy looking clothes. Wear something comfortable, clean and presentable.
7. ALWAYS wear gloves! I know they can be icky and make your hands sweat, but they do protect you from bacteria and water damage. Wear gloves, daggone it!
8, Always check your supplies before you walk into the job to clean. Make sure you have everything you need - at hand. Bring a bucket if it helps you (does for me!) and put various supplies in it plus a bag or tote or whatever full of the other stuff you need. Try to see absolutely prepared when you walk into the job, because this makes a very good impression on owners.

These are just a few ideas, and I am sure others will have many more.
post #3 of Old 11-16-2018, 09:17 AM
J4K

Overview of your company
MSDS info and safety info
Company mission, values
Confidential info, HIPA
Visitors
Building security
Key/access card possession
Phone calls/texts
Client property
Dress code
Equipment policy
Conflicts of interest
Resignations
Discipline/discharge policy
Wage policies
Timekeeping policy
Attendance and absenteeism policy
Signed release sheet signed by employee

Just a few areas you can cover in your manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode