estimate calculators - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
bds

estimate calculators

Does anyone here use calculators to estimate jobs? I see some sites online offering them, but I do not want to sign up with crazy monthly rates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM

i seen one on anothr site that the guy sells and ther aint any month fees.
post #3 of Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
bds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
i seen one on anothr site that the guy sells and ther aint any month fees.
Could you point me in that direction, please? I did more searching today and didn't find anything.

Do you do any residential cleaning Ranger? I watched a video on youTube today produced and posted by a 20 yr. old business in TX called Buckets & Bows. They have several videos and all were quite professional. Anyway, I came away with the impression that the company sends out an Estimator but the estimate might not be presented at the end of the walk-through...that the person doing the estimating left the prospects home and the formal estimate was presented later. Did I get the wrong impression?

The reason I ask is, I am wondering if I was to get an opportunity to bid on a home, must I present the price right then and there? I imagine that is how many independents do it. I can't see that happening on the commercial side. I would appreciate your thoughts Ranger, and the thoughts of any experienced cleaners. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Yeah, I've looked at a coupe different sites. Usually get what you pay for though. check out bidcleangrow.com. You do pay on that one but at least you get something that works and is presentable. paying for a quote tool is better than taking a quote thats way off or that looks cheesy.
post #5 of Old 06-26-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds View Post
Does anyone here use calculators to estimate jobs? I see some sites online offering them, but I do not want to sign up with crazy monthly rates.
I officially became a nerd in 1962 when I took my first computer class. I have been known to spend hours writing code to save a few minutes work.

But I'm not to sure about anything but a four function calculator, a printed form, and a pencil for something like this.
To be comprehensive a program would have to have a lot of bells and whistles and you might spend so much time with check boxes, radio buttons and numbers that you ignore the customer and that black mold reaching down from the ceiling for you.

Experience will make you the best judge of a job and paying attention to the customer will get it for you.
You can always ask if they want a formal written proposal or is your worksheet good enough.

Note that you have asked a "closed" question. "Do you want A or B" as opposed to an open one "What do you want to do?" and you have assumed they will use you.

I sold a lot of computers with this technique, learned in a professional sales course.
post #6 of Old 06-26-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
bds

Thanks Mike. I will forgo the fancy estimating calculator and just ask if they want the standard package or the deluxe package.
post #7 of Old 09-10-2011, 05:55 AM

I have recently added commercial cleaning to my business but unsure of what the rates are per square foot in my area. i live in Massachusetts in a rural area. can anyone tell me what these rates are?
post #8 of Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mazharshah Send a message via Skype™ to mazharshah
Great idea and the tips so for..
post #9 of Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The reason I ask is, I am wondering if I was to get an opportunity to bid on a home, must I present the price right then and there? I imagine that is how many independents do it. I can't see that happening on the commercial side. I would appreciate your thoughts Ranger, and the thoughts of any experienced cleaners. TIA
Pressure washing jobs vary in size and value dramatically, so we leave it up to our estimators to make the decision whether or not to give pricing and close the deal at the time of the bid. Most often we prefer to send over a professional, formal proposal, but sometimes it just isn't necessary. Our estimators can call the numbers and scope of work into the office and an estimate can be generated and emailed over to the customer in as little as 10 minutes. That kind of professionalism can go a long way with some customers. But every customer is different, so our estimators have the flexibility to make the decision at the time of the bid. Other customers may just want to look someone in the eye, get a price, and close the deal with a handshake.
post #10 of Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I use estimate calculator on my saveonclean.com website. It is very convenient and it is free.
post #11 of Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Could you point me in that direction, please? I did more searching today and didn't find anything.

Do you do any residential cleaning Ranger? I watched a video on youTube today produced and posted by a 20 yr. old business in TX called Buckets & Bows. They have several videos and all were quite professional. Anyway, I came away with the impression that the company sends out an Estimator but the estimate might not be presented at the end of the walk-through...that the person doing the estimating left the prospects home and the formal estimate was presented later. Did I get the wrong impression?

What type of cleaning service do you provide??????

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #12 of Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 PM

I have a cost estimator calculator on my website and it was free. All you have to know is a little HTML and copy and paste and edit it to fit your needs. Let me know and I will be glad to send you the code.

~ Laura ~
Gleam Clean Services of Augusta
http://www.gleamcleanaugusta.com
post #13 of Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
bds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleamcleanaugusta View Post
I have a cost estimator calculator on my website and it was free. All you have to know is a little HTML and copy and paste and edit it to fit your needs. Let me know and I will be glad to send you the code.
Your mobile site is awesome. Did you do that yourself? It looks like one of those online services did it. I want one but I want to build it myself.
post #14 of Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Your mobile site is awesome. Did you do that yourself? It looks like one of those online services did it. I want one but I want to build it myself.
Thanks! I used the template from my hosting site, but I edited and made my graphics and HTML coding for my pages. The mobile site thing was something that was added in since I am paying for a the premium service. Which is having templates, no advertising etc. I use webs.com and it's like ten bucks a month. I've been pleased so far and they are pretty user friendly.

~ Laura ~
Gleam Clean Services of Augusta
http://www.gleamcleanaugusta.com
post #15 of Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
bds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleamcleanaugusta View Post
Thanks! I used the template from my hosting site, but I edited and made my graphics and HTML coding for my pages. The mobile site thing was something that was added in since I am paying for a the premium service. Which is having templates, no advertising etc. I use webs.com and it's like ten bucks a month. I've been pleased so far and they are pretty user friendly.
You did veey well with it. Did u see my site? I can host as many sites as u want for only about $7 a month. Using phone right mow and it tockin me off I will send u message tomorrow
post #16 of Old 09-14-2014, 11:17 PM

Hi SaveOnClean,

I love your website and estimate calculator and would like to add on to our website like yours. I notice d in a post you made, that you would not mind sharing the HTML code to add it to websites. Could I get the code from you?

Thank you in advance.
post #17 of Old 09-16-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACME Powerwash View Post
Pressure washing jobs vary in size and value dramatically, so we leave it up to our estimators to make the decision whether or not to give pricing and close the deal at the time of the bid. Most often we prefer to send over a professional, formal proposal, but sometimes it just isn't necessary. Our estimators can call the numbers and scope of work into the office and an estimate can be generated and emailed over to the customer in as little as 10 minutes. That kind of professionalism can go a long way with some customers. But every customer is different, so our estimators have the flexibility to make the decision at the time of the bid. Other customers may just want to look someone in the eye, get a price, and close the deal with a handshake.
This is exactly what we do, too.
post #18 of Old 09-23-2014, 07:31 PM

I've been looking at threads on multiple forums about calculators and the consensus is you don't get what you pay for: there are some staggeringly bloated, hard to use things at the top end of the scale. And there are some slick tools that are free. But there is really no replacement for experience. If you want a software solution, when it was last updated is going to be more important than how much it costs or how many people use it. A lot of people get locked in to bad solutions (look at Windows software!).
post #19 of Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 AM

I had a custom piece of software built for our business!
post #20 of Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 PM

Hi Laura, I am interested with the cost estimator calculator to put on my website too. Can I get the code from you also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode