Extremely Hard Time Finding Clients - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-28-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Question Extremely Hard Time Finding Clients

I'm struggling to find house cleaning customers. I have two consistent clients, but it's not paying my bills. I love what I do, I just don't know why I can't find more clients. I designed postcards from Vista Print, and have sent out 300 so far, targeting areas that I know of, and have been on Zillow.com looking at houses in my area I'm targeting that have recently sold. I put rip off tab flyers around in every store I can possible think of. I advertise on Facebook, and hand out business cards to local businesses. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time. I haven't received one call from any of my advertising.
I tell my two customers that I'm looking for more clients, and if they send them my way I will give them a discount.
I'm thinking of doing a radio ad, but I'm spending quite a bit in postcards and stamps..I don't know what else to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-30-2020, 09:24 AM

You aren't alone in that. I have the same problem. For me, I know quite well what went wrong. I used to get all my business from either Thumbtack or Care.com. Both sites started charging huge fees to the Professionals if a potential customer contacts us at all, even if to say "I hired someone else." That little message cost me about $40. Crazy, huh? I cant afford that so had to stop using them. I have used NextDoor and gotten some business through that site, but not enough and for some reason, a lot of people wrote and we interested and then cancelled at the last minute.
Its gotten so bad I started thinking about some other sort of work. And I too, love cleaning. But I cannot afford to just sit at home twiddling my thumbs.
post #3 of Old 01-30-2020, 07:11 PM

Networking is the key! What areas are you operating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-30-2020, 08:55 PM

I have a carpet cleaning company in business since 1981. I realize that carpet cleaning and house cleaning are two completely different worlds but really it is all the same. Too many people think that if they own a service business all they have to do is good work and the people will call. Truth be told, if you are in the service business you are in the MARKETING business. Therefore your first priority is to MARKET your business.

Dont waste your money on flyers/postcards/etc. I will go on a flyer here and assume that people that can afford your service are high end customers. Well thats a start. You know WHO you need to market to. Now think like one of your customers. If a flyer or postcard came in the mail one time, would you respond? I dont think so. People like that call based on a referral from a friend, neighbor or other person they trust. Offering discounts to either new clients or established ones only shows your desperate.

For me, I used referral generators like carpet stores and realtors. I also network with other carpet cleaning businesses so when they cant get to a client they refer the work to me and I refer them when Im too busy.

You just need to find your Referral Generator. Realtors are GREAT because people need their entire houses cleaned before they move in (dont want to move into a dirty home) and after they move out (to make their home sell faster) and there are a TON of Realtors. Just build a relationship with them.

Better yet, larger Realtor offices have weekly or monthly meeting which you can ask to attend to describe your services.

Its all about relationships. Pretty soon you will have too much work to handle (then you can raise your prices!!!)

Good luck
post #5 of Old 02-03-2020, 02:13 PM

If you have the money invest in a nice website and then promote the heck out of it. Do your research on organic seo and free marketing strategies.

If you do not have the money then I recommend handing out business cards with a discount coupon (on the back) at high end grocery stores. Believe it or not it works. You must sell yourself before you can sell your business. Get right in front of people and do not ease up until all of your cards are gone and remember to dress up.
post #6 of Old Today, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I'm struggling to find house cleaning customers. I have two consistent clients, but it's not paying my bills. I love what I do, I just don't know why I can't find more clients. I designed postcards from Vista Print, and have sent out 300 so far, targeting areas that I know of, and have been on Zillow.com looking at houses in my area I'm targeting that have recently sold. I put rip off tab flyers around in every store I can possible think of. I advertise on Facebook, and hand out business cards to local businesses. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time. I haven't received one call from any of my advertising.
I tell my two customers that I'm looking for more clients, and if they send them my way I will give them a discount.
I'm thinking of doing a radio ad, but I'm spending quite a bit in postcards and stamps..I don't know what else to do.
Hi Emily,

We can understand your situation right now but no need to worry about this. We can refer to our digital marketing company you can contact him here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode