Facebook or Social Media ? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Facebook or Social Media ?

Just curious how many of you cleaning companies out there use Facebook or some other form of social media to actively promote your business ?

Check out this interesting article about how to fine-tune your Facebook posts to be more effective: http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/220166

Even at ServiceTask we have realized that we have to have a Facebook page for all our services which right now includes a Servicetask Facebook page and a developing ServiceKick page.

We use some other social medias such as Twitter as well. Seems like nobody can quite get away without using it nowadays and it's actually a very effective way of getting word about your business out there.

Nick Sidla || Account Executive
Job Scheduling Software
Customer Testimonial Software
Free Route Optimization Software and GPS
Follow me on Twitter for daily business tips@servicetask !

Last edited by nsidla; 03-16-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: quick fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 AM

I think facebook is most popular social networking site so rather than using any other social networking site most of people are using facebook to marketing . It's an easy process to do marketing here.
post #3 of Old 04-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Facebook is social media? In my opinion it really doesn't work well for my business but I do try to promote it a bit. Seems people just don't want to make there carpet cleaner part of there friends on Facebook. Our company carpet cleaning Tampa is always trying to stay on the cutting edge of advertising and networking whatever that may be.

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerean View Post
I think facebook is most popular social networking site so rather than using any other social networking site most of people are using facebook to marketing . It's an easy process to do marketing here.

Definitely face book is most popular social networking website among all users. Apart from this twitter link din, stumble upon are also popular networking website and most popular way to promote your website.
post #5 of Old 05-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Social networking for carpet cleaning?

Hey

Not sure if social media is the way to go here. Facebook and social media is definitely good where there is a niche community or group. In that case you can hop on these groups, join them, message individual members. However in the case of carpet cleaning there aren't really too many fan clubs....

You can promote your facebook page as a way to collect "leads" or communicate with your clients. For example you could offer a discount or giveaway for "Liking" your facebook page and this will mean you will be able to reach these clients in the future by posting on your wall.

However whenever possible I wouldn't settle for just a "like" since these can be removed easily - you'd want to collect emails as well.
post #6 of Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Facebook, Of course...Social networking sites are one of the most popular source of promotion. I always prefer to go with the Facebook for promotion of my business.
post #7 of Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Strategy

Facebook has some advantages in regards to people praising your cleaning service, but how many people are going to come home from work and post about their house cleaners?

I think strategy on twitter maybe a point of interest and follow people in your area and learn how you can meet their needs.

We follow a few cleaning company's on twitter who are doing a good job and offering exclusive deals.
post #8 of Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Now a day’s social networking sites are best place for marketing. Many companies are opting this opportunity for marketing. In my opinion facebook is best social networking site for marketing for cleaning services also.
post #9 of Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Facebook is in many many times better,also if you want to buy likes in Facebook you should check this web site.
post #10 of Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 PM

Facebook has helped me get a couple of clients.

Also it has helped some clients who I already have get a hold of me. These are customers who have used my service in the past, and they probably had lost my email or phone number....but they remembered that they were friends with me on Facebook!

So yes, I think it has it's benefits!

Start Your Own Green Cleaning Business
http://www.CleaningServiceBiz.com
post #11 of Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM

post #12 of Old 08-02-2012, 03:11 PM

That's good to hear!

Start Your Own Green Cleaning Business
http://www.CleaningServiceBiz.com
post #13 of Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Facebook Twitter
post #14 of Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Our company carpet cleaning orange county does try to promote both Facebook and twitter however other then keeping in touch with the few clients on these I really don't feel it helps in the form of getting actual jobs to tell you the truth.

Carpet cleaning mission viejo

Tile cleaning orange county

Pacific Ocean Carpet Care
43 woodswallow lane
Aliso Viejo, Ca, 92656
(949) 230-5496
http://freshcleanhome.com/
post #15 of Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM

facebook probably is best for networking a business.

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
post #16 of Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM

Of course"Facebook",
good one in this regard.
post #17 of Old 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM

Facebook can be a very effective marketing tool espically when you can post pictures of work done or testomonials from customers.
post #18 of Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 AM

Social media marketing can be use in any kind of business so it can be apply with cleaning business. By the way, Facebook is a example of social media.

tips in choosing Guillotines, read about it here
post #19 of Old 10-03-2012, 05:59 PM

Facebook

We are on Facebook and Twitter and have yet to get clients from either. However, its great for interacting with current clients , its free and accessible by everyone. Cant knock free advertising now can we?

Jamel Dennis-SOAPrano's Cleaning LLC
www.soapranoscleaning.net
post #20 of Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAPrano's View Post
We are on Facebook and Twitter and have yet to get clients from either. However, its great for interacting with current clients , its free and accessible by everyone. Cant knock free advertising now can we?
Like anything worthwhile, it take time. If you contribute to Facebook regularly and keep building your audience, you will start seeing results. Get your butt out of bed early and post something every day about what you do (industry news, cleaning tips, specials) Make sure that you include a link to your website.

I posted about tile & grout cleaning and a customer we just did some carpet cleaning for said that they didn't know we did that and called us to clean their tile & grout.

Yesterday, we cleaned for a good customer with a lot of Facebook friends. She posted about what a great job we did. I saw that a few of her friends were inquiring about us.

If you keep plugging away, you will reap the benefits, since your competition probably isn't doing it.

Fred T. Gruber Jr.
On The Spot Carpet Care

Serving Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina and Raleigh NC

Tags
facebook , servicekick , servicetask , social media strategy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode