First time cleans & contracts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-04-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

First time cleans & contracts

I'm thinking about what my pricing strategy is going to be. I know a lot of companies will charge double for the initial clean. I recall that Merry Maids in my area will wave that higher initial cleaning charge if you sign a contract. Another thing I've seen is to not charge more for the initial clean but to have higher rates overall. I wanted to get other people's opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 AM

Hi! Recently I found an interesting information about a bidding process:

1. Estimate how many hours it will take to clean the office, building, or house for which you are bidding your cleaning services.

2. Determine the going labour rate in the area where you operate.

3. Add payroll costs.

4. Add estimated expenses including cleaning materials as well as overheads like phone, insurance, office supplies, insurance, advertising, etc.

5. Add your profit margin.
post #3 of Old 11-05-2015, 09:55 AM

What does the 'going rate' have to do with MY business?

How about if I work alone and have almost no over head?

How about if I have 3 workers and pay them under the table?

How about if I have 3 workers and I pay them correctly and legally?

How about if I have 10 workers and pay them legally?

So if I have 10 workers and pay them legally I have to go by the same 'going rate' that the person that cleans alone goes by? Or how about if I'm the person that cleans alone.... do I have to charge the same rate the company that has 10 legal workers charge?

Do you see how silly that is? I can always tell when people have no idea what they are talking about because one of the first things they say is.... see what the going rate is. My going rate has always been what ever I feel like telling the potential customer at that time.

Here is what we do. I charge 2-3-4x more for a first time clean depending on the house. And that is where you can wheel and deal..... don't mess with the money you will get on an on-going basis. If they want to haggle, use the first time in price. If you write on your bid sheet that the first time in charge will be $250 and they don't say YES.... right on the spot give them an option. I'll tell you what I'll do but don't tell your friends if you refer them to me..... I'll do the first time clean for $195 if we can set up a time right now.

See how I also got in a jab for a referral?

Not sure about the houses in your area but in my area they are smaller... but never think that it will be easier to clean just because it might be smaller or it doesn't 'LOOK' dirty. Trust me... it's dirty. They all are. Oh what's that ma'am? You had it cleaned not too long ago? Was it within the last 29 days? No? Ok, I will still need to charge the first time in charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode