Floor stripping bid - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-09-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
LJL

Floor stripping bid

Hello Guys,

I am currently based in Montréal, Québec (Canada).

I am trying to get a commercial cleaning contract BUT i've notice that the floor of the place is in a really bad shape.
The previous cleaning service company he used to do business with didn't have a clue on how to restore the floor.

This is when i came and told the owner of the business that a stripping and waxing will restore the floor.

I dont know the square footage of the place but i will attached pictures.

2 person will do the job and it has to be done in one night. from 10pm to 6pm
Can you guys tell me how approx. is the square footage of this place and how much you guys charge approx.

Thank you in advance for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190609_013607.jpg (197.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190609_013604.jpg (204.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20190609_013550.jpg (140.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20190609_013553.jpg (130.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20190609_013548.jpg (133.6 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-10-2019, 04:50 PM

That is kind of a crazy question. Why don't you measure the room to get the square footage? Your question seems to me to be odd and off base. Sorry.

Aaron
Top Notch Window Cleaning
post #3 of Old 06-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Whatever the sq' that's not going to get done in one night...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-21-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
LJL

Okay guys, I've manage to measure the square footage with a telemeter that i bought. So the big room with the table is exactly 8 454 square meter.

I figure it would be impossible in one night haha.

How much would you guys charge for this job approx. and how long it will take to complete the job.

Thanks
post #5 of Old 09-20-2019, 02:48 AM

Hi

You can easily do that jop in one night. It looks around 200-250 sq meter. It all depends on what type of sealer was used and how hard it is to be removed. The floor does not look too bad. The black marks from the chair legs can be easily removed with high PH cleaner & a green pad.

If that was me, i would assess the job. If the floor is in decent condition, no stripping is required. Deep clean with a good buffer 200 RPM. Allow 1 hour to dry, then a quick buff with a blue pad and a 400 RPM buffer. Then 2 coats of polish in the top and the job is done.

You can use the existing finish as a primer and just re-coat.

If the sealer is patchy and in bad shape, it will require stripping. You are not gonna do a job that size on your own? You will need 2 lads to remove the furniture & then 2 gangs to start stripping, deep cleaning & neutralising. If you move well, by 2 am you are ready for priming. I use huge air blowers so i can dry a coat of sealer in 10 minutes.

It can be done but you need to know what you are doing & from the fact that you don`t know how to decide the size of the room, i would say you are not well established yet.

*** you can create some mad damage by not knowing the process so you should contract the job & then find a contractor to do it***

Tags
commercial bid , commercial cleaning , stripping and waxing , stripping bid , stripping floor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode