Getting The 1st! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-02-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Getting The 1st!

I will be starting my residential cleaning service, our grand opening is July 1st! I'm very excited but am starting to get a little nervous about getting clients. I hear that the 1st client is the hardest to get, and am trying to put myself out there as much as I can.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the ball rolling and getting the 1st client? I would appreciate any input, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-03-2011, 10:11 PM

just keep advertising, join some networks in your area, post some fliers and maybe run a ad in the newspaper.
wish you the best of luck.

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #3 of Old 06-04-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! I will let everyone know when I get my 1st client, hopefully its soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-11-2011, 04:21 AM

Good luck for you bnichole87 , where are you from anyway ?

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #5 of Old 06-13-2011, 05:26 AM

wish you best of luck with your first client

post #6 of Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Start a website, even if it's a DIY cheapie. Here in Auckland we need to turn residential business away because we've got so much of it and not enough people to do it. Good luck!
post #7 of Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakataka View Post
Start a website, even if it's a DIY cheapie. Here in Auckland we need to turn residential business away because we've got so much of it and not enough people to do it. Good luck!
I agree with whakataka, nowadays a website is cost-effective way to attract prospects. You can build a website for close to nothing and target it to close by areas, using FREE services like Google and Facebook places.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #8 of Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Clean View Post
I agree with whakataka, nowadays a website is cost-effective way to attract prospects. You can build a website for close to nothing and target it to close by areas, using FREE services like Google and Facebook places.
Definitely... and even if you're marketing yourself via business cards/flyers etc, you'll find that lots of people want to "look you up." Remember, you're asking to go into people's houses, so they want to feel like they've had the opportunity to look you over.

If you're a solo operator, I'd even probably put a little personal info / smiling photo of yourself, just to make a connection. Even a weak website is about 100x better than no website, and will make the customer feel much more at ease.

Also, make sure you put your phone number on the web.. if I had a dollar for every time I saw a website without a phone number...
post #9 of Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakataka View Post
Definitely... and even if you're marketing yourself via business cards/flyers etc, you'll find that lots of people want to "look you up." Remember, you're asking to go into people's houses, so they want to feel like they've had the opportunity to look you over.

If you're a solo operator, I'd even probably put a little personal info / smiling photo of yourself, just to make a connection. Even a weak website is about 100x better than no website, and will make the customer feel much more at ease.

Also, make sure you put your phone number on the web.. if I had a dollar for every time I saw a website without a phone number...
Indeed whakataka, many website owners forget to add their phone numbers or even basic contact details.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #10 of Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Website is most definitely a great idea but difficult to promote in general so I would recommend that for finding your very first client. You need to invest in it and wait for results for a while. In the meantime try services such as craigslist which might land you a job or two.

A-Z Quality Cleaning Service of NJ
cleaning serivce nj
house cleaning nj
office cleaning nj
post #11 of Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM

response

You should connect to websites like Twitter and Facebook. Have a page. Also, make connections with other companies or websites.

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #12 of Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 AM

I agree that the best way to market you business is by establishing a website. Join google places which is free to get you more exposure. Craigslist is free and also a good way to get your services out there. Direct mail such as postcards is what has worked for us.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Cleaner by the minute office cleaning
http://www.cleanerbytheminute.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode