Hard times - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Hard times

So I recently started a pressure washing company back in sept. I'm not busy at all.. I have 10k business cards. I'm trying to learn how to advertise and market as well as get jobs. My imagination to those topics I get clustered and lose focus. It's only my wife working and I'm trying to run the business and we aren't making it. Due to the fact I can't seem to get 1 job a week. I was also thinking about adding house cleaning to it as well. But i don't know. Seems like I can't get business. And I live in an area close to palm Beach Florida with 600k+ residents around me, including commercial.I see quite a bit competition out there. But that's not an excuse. What can I do to start getting work and get going? Or else I'll have to sell my equitment shut the business down and go work for a retail store or something.

Thanks, Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 PM

What was your marketing plan before you bought the business?

How many power wash jobs have you had since being in business?
post #3 of Old 12-30-2015, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Didn't have a plan really. My mom passed away then it was sink or swim.. bought the equitment and all my permits and ect and jumped in head first with no clue about anything... I've had a total of 7 jobs since sept
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-31-2015, 12:29 AM

Dang buddy, sorry to hear that. I was in the same position many years ago so I will go easy on you. I could throw some ideas up in the air.... flyers for example. But I'm going to lead you to someone that used to come to this board. Google... Carolina Pro Wash. I don't know much of him but if you call him and tell him your mom passed away and you need help getting customers, I bet he will guide you in a better direction that I can for power washing. Tell him I suggested that you call him. He probably doesn't know me but just mention Cleaning Talk.

If you can't get any power washing jobs, how about mowing? I can work with you to get all the mowing work you can handle.

Keep us updated. I hope the new year is much better for you.

We were just on highway 1 last week on our way to South Beach Miami. We drove from Daytona to about Stuart and then got on the money machine.... I mean the Florida Turn Pike.
post #5 of Old 12-31-2015, 12:41 AM

Oh yeah, there is a site called Thumbtack you could try. You only pay for leads you choose to bid on.

Free = Craigslist.
post #6 of Old 12-31-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Dang buddy, sorry to hear that. I was in the same position many years ago so I will go easy on you. I could throw some ideas up in the air.... flyers for example. But I'm going to lead you to someone that used to come to this board. Google... Carolina Pro Wash. I don't know much of him but if you call him and tell him your mom passed away and you need help getting customers, I bet he will guide you in a better direction that I can for power washing. Tell him I suggested that you call him. He probably doesn't know me but just mention Cleaning Talk.

If you can't get any power washing jobs, how about mowing? I can work with you to get all the mowing work you can handle.

Keep us updated. I hope the new year is much better for you.

We were just on highway 1 last week on our way to South Beach Miami. We drove from Daytona to about Stuart and then got on the money machine.... I mean the Florida Turn Pike.

I live 10 mins from stuart lol. I'm in port saint lucie. Yeah its rough. Idk what to do. I don't want to get to personal over the threads.. I registered for thumbtac but the only leads I get are for reoccurring house cleaners.
post #7 of Old 12-31-2015, 01:03 AM

There is a guy that I know through the internet named George. He lives in Melbourne. I know that's about an hour from you but George knows a lot of people in the area. He is a very nice guy. He owns Family Lawn & Landscape. Are you interested in calling him if I give you his number? He might have some ideas how to get customers in your area or he might know people that need your service.... I'm just talking out loud here....it couldn't hurt to call him because he is a very nice guy and would love to help you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode