Help Wanted - How To Start A Carpet Cleaning Business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Help Wanted - How To Start A Carpet Cleaning Business

Hi,

I'm in the process of starting my own carpet cleaning business and I've found resources quite scarce (at least free resources).

So, I've started a new website where I detail all the things I'm learning along the way so that I can help others like myself make the process easier (for FREE).

If you are an EXPERIENCED carpet cleaner, I'd love if you could browse the site and let me know of any comments / additions you have. I WILL listen and I'd love to add what you recommend. Also I'd love to interview experienced carpet cleaners and possibly upload it to the site (of course I'll be happy to link back to your site and promote you).

If you are NEW to carpet cleaning, I'd also love to hear your thoughts about the material on the site. I'm adding new information all the time.
Please let me know of any particular issues or concerns you have and I'll help you find a solution, because if you're having this problem I'm sure lots of others are as well.

Anyway, the site is: http://carpetcleaningbiz.posterous.com

Let me know your thoughts and feed back either by posting on this forum thread or emailing me (you can find my email on my main site via the signature links).

Ciao!
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 AM

Hi Dave, I am a novice carpet cleaner (never tried it)

But your site is good for displaying the basics, the only problem is the layout - everything is very central, my advice is to make use of the sides of the page!

Constructive criticism

Hope this helps
post #3 of Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks TomKent

Do you have any issues that you've run into?

I.E Marketing, getting customers, technical cleaning stuff?

If you have any issue feel free to post on this thread or comment on the blog and I'll do my best to get the best answers for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 AM

I visited your website and I think you presented all information in a good way and it is really look very tough to convince to your costumer when they are not satisfied with your service while you did your best. I think everything should be clear before dealing with a costumer so that no problem or confusion arises after deal.
post #5 of Old 05-11-2012, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Definitely agree Katty. My impression is that often the upsells are quite aggressive and not done at the right time. In my opinion if possible you should separate the quote from the actual job.

This way you have a chance to educate the customer about the products you offer and what benefits they will gain. In this initial consult you will close with the client exactly how much they are going to pay and so they won't be met by any "hidden" costs and will go a long way to building trust.
post #6 of Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 AM

I have visited your site and I found this your site very good and informative. The list you have provided is well explained.
post #7 of Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 PM

Huh?

So you woke up one day and decided you want to clean carpets with no prior experience or knowledge. Okay, take classes, learn something about business, marketing, taxes, figure out your expenses, whatever.

But now you've decided to go into business cleaning carpets and at the same time you want to help anyone become your competiton? Is this some liberal Fairyland where everyone gets a pink lollipop, cotton candy and a government handout?

Real carpet cleaning takes hard work, investment, and building a brand. You have to be mindful of customers' needs, understand your market, and create value for your services. There are good carpet cleaners and there are bad carpet cleaners. You have to be the best at what you do to survive in any business.
post #8 of Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Fred 3655

Fred 3655 is right on target. It would be better if you were to apprentice yourself to an experienced carpet cleaner for a period of time (say one year) and learned the ropes of how to clean the carpet, how to handle tough jobs and, most importantly, CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Too many times I've seen customer service ignored and the company suffers for it.

You are right about truck mounted equipment. That is the only type of equipment I will allow to clean my customer's carpet. When that type of equipment soesn't work, then portables must be used.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
post #9 of Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Tags
start cleaning business

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode