Hiring & expanding - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-30-2019, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
gcs

Hiring & expanding

Hi

so what do you do when you have the opportunity to grow your business exponentially but not enough knowledge to do it right? I don't want to be another one of those big time companies that says they're involved but truly aren't. I like what I do and I like being actively involved with everyone of my clients and I want to keep doing it but I know eventually my time is going to be up. I won't move as fast, I won't be as detailed and I won't be as motivated. I have a GREAT opportunity. All of my clients are big corporations with facilities all over the world (ha I was ask to service a New York facility and I'm in Missouri lol ) but I have they're smaller accounts. I feel like I'm procrastinating because I don't feel I have enough knowledge to run a big corporation. I mean I know I don't. I'm no fool and I'm certainly not going to pretend to know more than I do. I have no clue how to hire staff & I have no clue how to run my business any more than I'm already doing. I have no experience doing anything other than CLEANING :( I like being in charge of my day! Right now we run a family owned and operated business so its really fairly simple. We all work together and for the most part its pretty simple. For example tonight we serviced 3 properties, got in and out in 3 hours, no problems. Everyone knows what to do. I don't have a clue where to begin in this new venture if I do decide to move forward. So I just figured I'd ask some of you. How would you approach something like this?
I know I will need some sort of training but I absolutely can't go back to college and do I need to? Ugh :( help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-02-2019, 08:25 PM

best advice I have is to post the question on Truckmountforums.com in the Janitorial section. People there are a huge help
post #3 of Old 07-26-2019, 06:19 AM

I totally agree with your thinking. I also believe that if you don't have proper knowledge of something then don't jump on that business. Otherwise, you will definitely face failure. I have started a business a few years ago in Singapore and now it is one of the best cleaning services provider in Singapore. If you really love whatever you do then will definitely see success.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode