How much can a person earn monthly in newly startedcleaning business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-22-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

How much can a person earn monthly in newly startedcleaning business

Monthly turnover in a cleaning business
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-22-2016, 04:09 PM

if you start a cleaning business and do the cleaning yourself, you are pretty much limited to the hourly rate you can charge customers as being your income. Worse than that a good amount of your time has to go into overhead for sales, bookkeeping etc. So you net will be even less. Only way to generate substantial income is by having a work force that does the labor.

Aaron
Top Notch Windows
post #3 of Old 08-23-2016, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
if you start a cleaning business and do the cleaning yourself, you are pretty much limited to the hourly rate you can charge customers as being your income. Worse than that a good amount of your time has to go into overhead for sales, bookkeeping etc. So you net will be even less. Only way to generate substantial income is by having a work force that does the labor.

Aaron
Top Notch Windows
Does every cleaning business work per hour basis? Or they may work on contract as well??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM

You can also charge a flat rate fee based on the number of bedrooms or square footage. Many clients prefer a flat rate as they know exactly what it will cost them.

Jason Frazier | CEO and founder of www.KLEENY.com
post #5 of Old 08-30-2016, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeny View Post
You can also charge a flat rate fee based on the number of bedrooms or square footage. Many clients prefer a flat rate as they know exactly what it will cost them.
Thanks
post #6 of Old 08-30-2016, 03:56 PM

Flat rate is the way to go

I usually focus on quoting flat rate fees for my clients. As was previously mentioned, they like to know the total amount up front, no hidden costs...works well for me with a small cleaning company.
post #7 of Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Carpet Cleaner View Post
I usually focus on quoting flat rate fees for my clients. As was previously mentioned, they like to know the total amount up front, no hidden costs...works well for me with a small cleaning company.
Flat rates are usually good. no one client want any surprise fees or any hidden charges and i think this will work well with any kind of small and large businesses
post #8 of Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 AM

You should calculate in a month what will you do, what thing you need to buy, any payment while working, them decide price for your service. You will know your earn in month.
post #9 of Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM

You gotta start somewhere.
post #10 of Old 10-05-2016, 06:54 AM

Homesteadroad, if your question is what's possible. ..then, the sky is the limit.

Find a system of processes that work, hire employees to clean, administrative staff to answer phones and a manager to run the office. Train them to use said processes. Repeat. Sell your system of processes as a franchise and train them to use said processes. Repeat. Sell the whole thing. Millions is possible...

But I think your question is more about how much is possible for you to make right now. Right?

That's up you. Do it once. Write down how you did it. Do it again the same way. Tweak it, keep track. Repeat. Hire employees and train.

Educate yourself and move forward consistently. The faster you move through the process, the more money you make.

Expect zero income with zero action. Go outside and find a customer where they already are.

Check out my new website.
post #11 of Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 PM

Before you start thinking of starting this business I suggest you read a few books on starting a business. If you don't have a background on figuring out potential revenue in a carpet cleaning business then I think it would be very helpful to get a firm foundation first. In my opinion it will save you a lot of grief going forward. Maybe a community college class???

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning
post #12 of Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM

If you have good contacts & some of the orders to work on than you can earn decent to get started with.

In my opinion, Start up should not worry about this for atleast 2 years to understand the business & market position.

Archira Singh,
Manager
Mr. Homecare - https://www.mrhomecare.in
post #13 of Old 12-19-2016, 02:37 PM

I prefer services that charge per hour as opposed to per square foot. The average owner doesn't know how many square foot each room is and homeowners don't like surprises when it comes to expenses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode