How Much Is A Customer Worth To You? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-28-2015, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

How Much Is A Customer Worth To You?

This is a pretty open ended question/s:

How much would you pay to acquire a customer? And for what type of cleaning?

I ask specifically for residential cleaning with recurring, say bi-weekly, customers. What would you pay to get a new customer, if you were being sold leads for example? Any experience with leads?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 PM

Most 'lead' companies are referred to as money pits. No idea how they stay in business.

Your question is not really just 1 question.

You first asked how much a person would pay to sign up a customer for bi-weekly service. Personally, I'd say it's worth $100 maybe $200 tops if it's a good paying job.

Your second question was about a 'leads' company. Leads are worth probably 10 for a $1.00. That's about all I'd pay for a lead and if others would pay more.... I can get you all the leads you want. PLEASE pm me and I will charge you $15 per lead. I will need paid before you receive the leads. Minimum 20 leads.
post #3 of Old 12-28-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey sprintcar thanks for your reply!!

$100-200 sounds fair if it's a long term client with say a 2000+ sq ft home...

There is a website called Home Advisor that lists your business and I think they charge $20 per lead. It's questionable, there are a ton of contractor complaints online on "pissed off consumer" for example. To my knowledge they list your business on their website and when someone calls the phone number they use to forward you the call your charged.

How do you get your leads/what makes them worth it if your charging $15 after saying leads are worth 10 for a dollar? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-28-2015, 11:03 PM

My leads are as worthless as theirs are so why can't I charge almost as much as they do? Actually, if they charge $20 I need to charge $100 because they send all leads to 5-10 people.... I'll send only 1 person the lead. It won't be any good.... there's aren't any good either so what's the difference?

If you decide to use a service like that do me a favor.... send the money to me in cash. I need it for my race fund to support my racing season.
post #5 of Old 12-28-2015, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Haha on the race fund, very cool. Any info on how leads are generated would be appreciated if your not optimistic about someone spending money on them... Sounds at least that if you know how to do it on your own then you can grow your cleaning business quickly.
post #6 of Old 12-29-2015, 08:48 AM

Commercial or residential?
post #7 of Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Depending on commercial or residential, I do have an answer to your original question if you want to do it the lazy way.
post #8 of Old 12-29-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the reply, I'm more interested in Residential but I'll take any advice I can get on either.
post #9 of Old 12-29-2015, 06:49 PM

There are a lot of them but most want a monthly fee. I'd say if you MUST choose one, Thumbtack might be best.

Most of them are tied together yet with different names. And speaking of names, some change names every now and then since they get so many bad reviews.

Honestly, if you are going to do it that way, just use Craigslist... it's free and you will get the same low quality customer. By low quality you will quickly see what I'm talking about.... demanding.... work you like a dog because you will be gullible since you are new and for low amounts... tell you they want you for regular service then only use you once so they don't have to pay a higher fee... things like that.
post #10 of Old 12-29-2015, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Wow thanks for this info, I stumbled across the Thumbtack website before for something unrelated to cleaning (as a consumer) and never knew it was a viable resource for getting jobs. It's funny you mentioned the changing of names because I know that the Home Advisor website used to be Service Magic and the complaints were through the roof before the switched names.

I like the sound of just using craigslist because it's free, even if you have to deal with some shotty people, might land some recurring residential work. Have to get a website up with some reviews on google then hopefully people will find me instead of me looking for half ass clients lol.
post #11 of Old 12-29-2015, 10:05 PM

Well, reviews don't get you to the top. You will need to do other things to your website. Do you have one yet?
post #12 of Old 12-30-2015, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Not yet, I've been planning on creating my own website with VistaPrint... I got my business cards printed through them and it was pretty seamless. Any suggestions? If reviews don't get you to the top, what does? Thanks this is more info/involved than I ever anticipated posting here.
post #13 of Old 12-30-2015, 02:54 PM

Go with a FREE website and a FREE www name from Weebly. You can do everything for FREE. The goal is to NOT advertise to get people to go to your website. The goal is to advertise to get people to CALL YOU. Your website should be for people to FIND on the internet when searching. Therefore it will not matter that when Weebly gives you a FREE domain name it has the word .weebly in it.

SEO is what gets you to the top of Googles first page. I knew less than 0 about SEO until I went to Weebly's help boards and I just searched Google and I have learned so much and it is so easy if you just follow directions. Building a site with them is also easy. Can you click your mouse? If so, you can make a site.

But honestly if you want customers TODAY all you have to do is make yourself a good flyer with no pictures and put them on people's door knobs.... that's how I've made my phone ring since 1998. $$$$$$$
post #14 of Old 02-23-2016, 12:16 PM

Customers

As we can all admit, customers are an EXTREMELY important, if not THE most important aspect of this business so I would actually be willing to make an investment on customers. The exact price would depend on factors such as what type of customer it is, what they are looking for etc.
post #15 of Old 02-26-2016, 10:00 PM

Paying for leads

If you treat your client right, they will stay with you for the duration of your career. So the lifetime value of each client is huge; however, don't throw money away trying to acquire one. Ask a lot of questions before signing with a lead company. Make sure you are not competing with other companies. There are services that will send the calls directly to you exclusively. You can expect to pay about $75 for such a lead, which is nominal considering you can make $300+ for each carpet cleaning service!

Last edited by Whole House Carpet; 02-28-2016 at 11:52 AM.
post #16 of Old 02-26-2016, 10:02 PM

website

If you are trying to rank your website, don't use Vistaprint.... it will be hard to rank, you need a real website with a real CMS... it's more functional and Google-friendly.

Something like http://www.wholehousecc.com

Last edited by Whole House Carpet; 02-28-2016 at 12:08 PM.
post #17 of Old 02-28-2016, 04:29 PM

You should hire an SEO expert, it will pay off in a long term.
post #18 of Old 03-02-2016, 02:40 PM

If you are looking to get some quick customers that are better than Craigslist quality, then why not print out a few flyers and pass them around neighborhoods that you would like to work?

It is not wise to strictly have a website, even with great SEO, since it generally will take a while to get customers that way. With a print ad campaign, you can target the specific area (and even specific houses) that would be the most qualified customers. Leads usually start coming in on the first day you start passing out the flyers. Work it in with your online advertising and website and build your brand. Test your results, make some changes and repeat. Soon enough, you will know what works for your business.

My company offers 1000 flyers printed and distributed for $325 with 1:1.34 conversion for home service industry. That's about 13-14 new unique qualified customers per campaign.
That's about $25 per (good quality) lead.
Good luck.

Heather Fuller~Infinite Legacy Solutions
Education, Action, Support

Last edited by epicheather265; 03-02-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: left out pertinent info
post #19 of Old 03-23-2016, 02:30 AM

You need to open the doors of each opportunity and utilize it maximally, you need to build network through social media, business cards distribution, website promotion, or free serving to some people who are unable to pay like orphanage etc, you need to get more customers by any means. That should be your agenda and do not rely on only one source.

Tags
acquire customer , cleaning customer , customer acquisition , pay per lead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode