How to pay employees every two weeks when you get paid once end of month? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Bro

How to pay employees every two weeks when you get paid once end of month?

What plan can I make to do it the right way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-24-2016, 04:12 PM

Not much. You need to take care of your employees and pay them on time, even when you haven't been paid. That's what savings, family, loans and credit cards are for when first starting your business.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 01-24-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra352 View Post
Not much. You need to take care of your employees and pay them on time, even when you haven't been paid. That's what savings, family, loans and credit cards are for when first starting your business.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
Thanks. I was thinking along those lines. I need to discipline myself in the savings part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-24-2016, 11:55 PM

You have to make sure to keep enough money for the following weeks once you finally get paid of course!
post #5 of Old 01-25-2016, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Bro

Have you paid an employee a week late? Did they get pissed? Did they report you?
post #6 of Old 01-25-2016, 05:07 AM

I would just say that they don't like it very much! If you want to keep happy employees that take care of YOUR accounts, you might want to pay them on time.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #7 of Old 02-19-2016, 02:46 PM

A good idea would be to give them extra benefits so that they stay happy with getting only one payment per month.... maybe some meal coupons or something like that would work.
post #8 of Old 02-20-2016, 05:44 PM

need to have cash flow. monthly capital to cover payroll is important to maintain
post #9 of Old 02-21-2016, 07:28 PM

I've known people that got paid on the 10th of every month because the company they work for got paid the 10th of every month. Those people worked HARD and sometimes 7 days a week. They did floor work for a chain of grocery stores.

My personal opinion on it is this... if you don't have the CASH to start a business, save until you have the CASH to start a business. I'm one of the lucky one's who have never owned a credit card and never will. I don't borrow money, I save. That goes for borrowing from family or financial institutions. It's really nice now that I have money because if a family member wants to borrow money I don't have to be a hypocrite when I tell them NO and want to help them to live life without being a slave to the lender.

For every 1 person that borrowing has worked for, there are 10,000 that it didn't work out for.

daveramsey.com if you want to live life right and debt free.
post #10 of Old 02-23-2016, 01:14 PM

Pay

Honestly, it's all about keeping a balance. One you get the hang of it you'll be good. You should have some money saved up on the side in order to pay these employees and keep the circle going with your monthly pay from clients
post #11 of Old 03-26-2016, 02:26 PM

Keeping money aside and planning before hand is the only way to do it.
post #12 of Old 03-30-2016, 03:01 AM

you need to have atleast 1 to 2 months of employee salaries in your backpack, taking loan is one solution. Other option i give to you as - alter your salary giving dates, i.e. when you get payment on 31st of a month and you need to pay on 15th and 31st of a month, your problem is paying on 15th. you do one thing, instead of 1 to 31st cycle, chose your salary cycle as 15th to 14th for every month. So from 15th to 31st you will get payment and have enough money to pay on 31st and 15. I hope i have cleared, still doubt then ask me !!!
post #13 of Old 04-11-2016, 09:46 AM

Pay twice a month, instead of every two weeks. That atleast balances out regular cash-flow, but still requires you to have a reserve in the bank when getting started.
post #14 of Old 04-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Registered

Gotta be able to handle the money right to run a business right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode