How should I bid on an entire apartment complex? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-25-2016, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

How should I bid on an entire apartment complex?

So I have a potential client that has asked me to send a proposal on how much the cleaning would be. There's 4 apartment complexes and one office building/clubhouse. Each complex has 55 apartments, each building with different sized apartments. 650 sqft, 800 sqft, and the last two are 1,100 sqft. Each complex is two stories and they would like us to clean it three times a week, 8 hours each of those three days. They want that to include the 4 laundry rooms, stair cases, outside windows, and occasionally vacant apartment plus the office and clubhouse. I was thinking of charging them per hour. I was going to charge 70/hr x 96 total hours a month which = 6,720. I was also going to charge per sqft (10 cents per sqft). My math gave me a total of 200,750 sqft I divided it by two since I'm not going to be cleaning the entire building, and I got 100,375 and multiplied that by 0.01 and got 1,003.75 and multiplied that by 4 and got a total of 4,015. I don't know if my math is right or if my prices are too high/low. Anyone got any inputs?? Oh and by the way, this is in Illinois. I know the state makes a bit of a difference depending on location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 PM

Wish I could help but I'm in the same boat, new janitorial business. Good luck tho.

Legion Of Broom Janitorial Services
post #3 of Old 06-18-2016, 06:19 PM

I normally work it out using hours and number of staff required and chemicals all expenses required to carry out the cleaning and then after adding up the expenses I add my profit , good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-10-2016, 06:33 AM

Apartment Complex Bid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestor. View Post
So I have a potential client that has asked me to send a proposal on how much the cleaning would be. There's 4 apartment complexes and one office building/clubhouse. Each complex has 55 apartments, each building with different sized apartments. 650 sqft, 800 sqft, and the last two are 1,100 sqft. Each complex is two stories and they would like us to clean it three times a week, 8 hours each of those three days. They want that to include the 4 laundry rooms, stair cases, outside windows, and occasionally vacant apartment plus the office and clubhouse. I was thinking of charging them per hour. I was going to charge 70/hr x 96 total hours a month which = 6,720. I was also going to charge per sqft (10 cents per sqft). My math gave me a total of 200,750 sqft I divided it by two since I'm not going to be cleaning the entire building, and I got 100,375 and multiplied that by 0.01 and got 1,003.75 and multiplied that by 4 and got a total of 4,015. I don't know if my math is right or if my prices are too high/low. Anyone got any inputs?? Oh and by the way, this is in Illinois. I know the state makes a bit of a difference depending on location.
Just curious...were you able to obtain this bid? If so, what was the final bid and did everything work out?
post #5 of Old 07-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Nice find! How ever much you charge him make sure you do a quality job so hell want repeat service.
post #6 of Old 07-19-2016, 12:51 AM

My suggestion is don't bid if you are not sure how to price it. Gradual growth while understanding your costs and profit margins is much better than sudden growth with lack of knowledge and resources. Handling the stress and providing the capital needed for a large complex are best obtained over time skills. Good Luck!

Kathleen Doyle
post #7 of Old 07-19-2016, 02:28 AM

Cost breakdown
What is included:
The basic structure of this building would be best if left in an uncomplicated "four square" design. Most owners rely on both an architect and a contractor, and the architect will require approximately 10 - 17% of the total building budget;

Tags
apartments , bids , prices , pricing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode