Inner City Cleaning Business. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-27-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Inner City Cleaning Business.

Hey guys,

My name is Mike and I have been mulling over the idea of a estate cleanout/cleaning business for the past few months and have finally decided that being my own boss, and my own tears, sweat and blood poured into a project is the path I want to take in life. My mother ran her own cleaning business before she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, where she cleaned out/up houses for high-income families that were gone for large amounts of time during the day, which was a steady and profitable business. This inspired me and made me make the decision to take a step in that direction. I had been wanting to start my own business since I was 17, and 6 years later, I have experienced many different jobs and responsibilities, like working alone for 70-80 a week hours in a labor intensive environment, that have led me to believe I can accomplish this.

My basic idea is that I want to provide service to real estate agents and brokers alike, as well as homeowners. Bank REO cleanouts, foreclosures, and general junk removal are what I am trying to aim at right now with the failing housing market and the increasing amount of foreclosures on houses in New Jersey (I live in Trenton). Homeowners are being foreclosed on (or bank seizures) in this city at an extremely fast rate, and I want to capitalize on this growing market.

What I am stuck on right now is if I want to include cleaning to my repertoire. I have always enjoyed cleaning, and I have no problem performing alot of different services, but I am having trouble deciding how far I want to go, and if it would even be useful to include that service as well. A real estate agent friend of mine had participated on small estate cleanouts that also included a small cleaning bonus of vaccuming the floors of the clients, and was seeing a large profit from this small service that put them above the competition.

My ideal vision for this business is to provide both of these services, but finding a balance is essential since I need to start small and expand further, yet still provide a competitive edge. This decision weighs on the purchase of either a large work truck like an F350 extended bed/ dump truck, where I commit myself to the sole purpose of removing junk and cleaning out estates; or I will purchase a small bed truck that will also be hitched to pull an enclosed trailer that holds cleaning equipment, while still taking smaller loads of junk as well.

This decision has been tearing at me for weeks now and I am looking for anyone who may be in a similar business as I am looking to get into that could lend some help from their past experience. Thank you to anyone that has taking the time to read this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-02-2012, 03:06 AM

Only a experienced person can write article like this.Its help me a lot to understand the inter city cleaning business.
post #3 of Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 PM

nice,

nice, that is a good idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 AM

nice post
post #5 of Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM

If you need reviews to promote your Inter City Cleaning Business contact [email protected]/...I will post review for you
post #6 of Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 AM

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode