just started hows my site? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-07-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

new web

www.jhk.net

Last edited by chrishoo84; 03-09-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: wrong name
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 PM
HBF

Hi there,
very nice colors, but your home pages doesn't really go into what you offer too much. It has a tutorial on how to clean. You want them to hire you, not clean themselves
Also, when i go to the other pages, this bar pops up with tweet and facebook options. Not sure what that is for, but it isn't very professional looking.
Once you go to the other pages, there is no button to get back to the home page. That is a must. People like to go back to the beginning.

I recommend adding your services and your service area to your home page as well as your phone number and email address in big font so that it is easy to find.

This is the pertinent information people are looking for. Remember, the people who are hiring you are pressed for time. They don't want to read a bunch of text, so the simpler the better.

Good luck!
Stacy
post #3 of Old 04-10-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

thanks ! yeah the theme i used came with that bar think monday i will start working on that stuff thanx for ur input though i really appreciate it just starting out in the cleaning biz we have 3 customers so far and have a few good prospects from a realtor and a man who owns a few apartments think i might invest into ez cleaners guide i saw his program on youtube dont wanna jump the gun but his info might help. we currently have one person hired but still havent given her a 1099 yet still have to reasearch more on employment stuff, she hasd worked a total of 3 hours so far on 2 jobs. anyone 1099 there employment got some tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5 of Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 AM

post #6 of Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
J4K

Site will not load for me?
post #7 of Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Hey Jeff! How's things going? I was heading to Nebraska to Eagle Raceway this weekend but I hear it is suppose to be freezing. Is that true?
post #8 of Old 04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
J4K

Hey how ya been? You know this crazy Nebraska weather! It was like 96 the other day and this coming Friday will have a low of 29! LOL
post #9 of Old 04-12-2011, 02:17 AM

Hey, that is really good website! Looks so green and refreshing... I love it!

post #10 of Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Way off the mark

Sorry mate but you need some serious work done to your website.
Thinking as a prospect I would never hire your services.
Free wordpress template, the social widget is very intrusive (not in the right place).
I recommend you seek professional help to make your website look more professional.
Let me know if you need any help I can recommend a couple of web design companies that would revamp your website at a low cost.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #11 of Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

ok posted our ad that will be going out no door to door though these will be going with quotes and to churches around the area first just getting a start at wordpress gonna keep playing with it till all hope is lost looking into godaddy services for business solutions they have services for websites and the like. the ad on there is off the color scheme i know i know just seeing how it looks going to jump into photoshop and get rid of the purple and stuff, so far reached our goals of 3 customers so far and have had some leads with apartment owners and some turnover contracts hopefully that works out good, the customer asked if we can paint also?? don't know yet but i am eye balling a wet carpet cleaner any tips give me a heads up! also just added the business to google maps and will be working on yahoo business momentarily, goals have been met for 3 customers, inventory control, and business bank account so far. next weeks goals are higher insurance 500,000 4th recurring customer wet carpet cleaning and equipment postcards to mail out to businesses and employment law research wish me luck have a nice week!
post #12 of Old 04-13-2011, 04:34 PM

what is the calendar there for? it's a bit basic no pictures. add some to brighten it up. i'd remove the bit after the contact form as it wont make sense to most if not all visitors. the title should be Pam and a Bucket. the A should not be a capital and the & should be wirtten out. i like the name as it's personal
post #13 of Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM

It's a good start, but you need some content! I'd work hard in your free time to add some nice content throughout your site and some good keywords that describe your services. There are a lot of good, free resources on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) that you could begin to read to understand more of what I am referring to. Your site will never be seen unless you directly point someone to it unless you work on your SEO and getting your site to the first few pages of the search engines.

Good Luck and if you need some advice or some help, please let me know.
post #14 of Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 AM

Also, one of the first things you should do is change your signature line here at cleaningtalk.com. Do something like this:

Office Cleaning in Kent County Michigan
House Cleaning in Kent County Michigan

The key is to use your keywords as a link to your site. This will create what is called a back link and will drive more traffic to your site and help you greatly in the search engines.
post #15 of Old 04-21-2011, 12:10 PM

I think it is preety unprofessional ! get someone to work on it , and find a better wordpress template , there are lots of them out there for free . There is plenty of space for improuvement on your website

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #16 of Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Try to put some photos and videos in the site. Otherwise it looks fine.
post #17 of Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 AM

Like already mentioned, get some content and or pictures on your site before you start putting your website out for the world to see. A poorly done website could be the same as using toilet paper as your business card.

That's probably the best analogy i've ever come up with!

I've done several sites before and the one thing I've noticed with messing w/these sites is, unique, and REAL photos will always win over anything else.

GL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode