Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Phone conversation for start up commercial cleaning company

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  katty 
#1 ·
We are looking to start a cleaning company and one of our main things we want to do before we begin is to talk with some experts in the field who have already been successful to get some insight into the business. If anyone would be willing to do that we would be very greatful. Please respond back to this post and I can connect with you through private messaging. Thanks!

#6 ·
SOAPrano's Cleaning

Greetings. Having recently started my business earlier this year as well, there are many factors to look at. Most important, cost. You have insurance, equipment, permits or license,if needed, and marketing. You also have to decide whether you will do it yourself to start which can keep your cost down. The hardest hurdle I've encountered is advertising and getting clients which is the heart of this industry. Make sure you get a website. A professional site I might add. I am in NY and do commercial and residential cleaning. Also I volunteer my services with a charity and clean for them as well which is tax deductible. Above all network and talk to anyone and everyone you know. I spend three hours or so a day on the internet through facebook, twitter, linkedin and this site, which is HIGHLY informative. Last but not least, KEEP RECEIPTS of any and everything you do. Good luck.

#7 ·
In case of setting up of cleaning business one must have the basic items and products for the job. Apart from the business, marketing and advertising of your existence in the market is also necessary as depending only on mouth publicity is not enough now days. As you are a freshman in this business so providing services at a comparatively low per hour rate to just fulfill your expenses for starting few months would benefit with respect to progress in a later phase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.