Promotional products - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Promotional products

What was the coolest product you have ever used to get a potential client's attention. I've been looking at a lot of promotional items and can't make up my mind which would be more effective in marketing. I like the printed note pads, i do commercial cleaning and post-construction of new buildings have not done any houses yet.

Thanks
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-07-2006, 07:18 PM

I use magnets, they seem to stick with people for awhile

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #3 of Old 09-07-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
I use magnets, they seem to stick with people for awhile
I just got a magnet with the Redskins schedule on it... it went right up

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-07-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

I have though about getting some business cards magnets, i've heard they don't work good if you do commercial or construction cleaning.
post #5 of Old 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Cleaning View Post
I have though about getting some business cards magnets, i've heard they don't work good if you do commercial or construction cleaning.
I don't know why they wouldn't work for commercial, I've had PM's stick them right on their file cabinets. One guy had my magnet on his file cabinet by his desk when I went in to give an estimate. I had sent the magnet to his realestate management company a month prior. Next year I'm also doing coffee mugs.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #6 of Old 04-15-2008, 05:59 PM

Promotional Products Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Cleaning View Post
What was the coolest product you have ever used to get a potential client's attention. I've been looking at a lot of promotional items and can't make up my mind which would be more effective in marketing. I like the printed note pads, i do commercial cleaning and post-construction of new buildings have not done any houses yet.

Thanks
Cindy
Hi Mindy, just want to let you know I supply promotional products. Check out our site www.crsilk.com.
(we offer a combo promo pack that might be of interest to you).
[email protected]
post #7 of Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM

I had a company send us a sample pen with our logo on it. First off it was broke when we got it. So I just threw it in my purse. Today I was at the bank and digging in my purse for a pen and grabbed that particular one and the whole thing fell apart! I am so glad I didn't buy those to give to customers. That would have been embarrassing. I like the coffee mugs with our logo on them. Then we fill them with candy and other goodies to give to customers. It is good to walk into someone's office and see them with your cup in their hand. I am sure other people see it to.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #8 of Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
First off it was broke when we got it. So I just threw it in my purse. Today I was at the bank and digging in my purse for a pen and grabbed that particular one and the whole thing fell apart! .
LOL.. women.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #9 of Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Awesome promotions!

Do check out Promotional Bags they are offering. They are really great !
post #10 of Old 08-05-2010, 12:18 AM

I just find business cards and magnets to be the best form of promotional items.
post #11 of Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 PM

I put this answer in another section, bought thought it might be relevant here

All great advice. What shot my business through the roof is the advice my mentor gave me. He is closing his shop after 30 years and thankfully has taken me under his wing in the last two months. He was watching to see how serious I was at first lol.

Anyway a business card is a must, so is a webpage....however what my advice was :

Get a package together with the following:

An introduction letter - outlining what you can do for THEM
Pictures of before and after ...incredibly effective
A copy of your insurance form - they know you are professional
Business Number - accredited is important.
WSIB, WHMIS, any and all safety certificates you have
One or two letters of recommendation
A few business cards
A survey for the client to fill out "AFTER" you land them, it shows you really want their business....add a prepaid return envelope....then they don't have to do anything but fill it out and send it off
A starter discount, maybe one day free or one week...its up to you.

This way when you go into a home or business you don't look like you are just showing up hoping to get a contract, you are saying to the client...I know you are busy but when you get a chance I will leave a welcome package for you to look at. It shows that you are very professional and serious. Hell if you take the time to put together a sales package and not simply a 30 second sales pitch....you improve your chances 10 fold.

My friends this works for me and I know it will work for you!
post #12 of Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 AM

All product plays a great role in promotion but cost effective promotional products give more benefits like pen, pencils, caps, bags, key chains and many more.
post #13 of Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 AM

Mine all time favourite promotional products are many few like : Printed Pens and Printed Pencils with attached eraser printed with company name on it. Generally people are using other promotional products like : tiny flashlight that fits on my keychain, Promotional Lanyards, Printed Block Pads and many more.
post #14 of Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM

There are many different types of promotional products available to use and can help businesses boost brand awareness. Some of the most popular as well as cost-effective promotional products are mugs, pens, mouse pads, bags, T-shirts and key chains.

promotional drinks - http://www.coolerwater.co.uk/
post #15 of Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM

I think Promotional items are becoming increasingly popular for business marketing of promotional products and corporate gifts. In business Promotional Product Marketing Blog. Learn the best ways to market your brand with the use of promotional marketing products.
post #16 of Old 09-20-2013, 12:39 AM

Promotional Products

Promotional Products are the best way to promote your business.You just check out promo4kids.com .You can see different promotional products such as Personalized Piggy Banks, Custom Crayons, Custom Yo Yos and Personalized Pencils at cheap rate with free shipping.
post #17 of Old 12-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbuckets View Post
All great advice. What shot my business through the roof is the advice my mentor gave me. He is closing his shop after 30 years and thankfully has taken me under his wing in the last two months. He was watching to see how serious I was at first lol.

Anyway a business card is a must, so is a webpage....however what my advice was :

Get a package together with the following:

An introduction letter - outlining what you can do for THEM
Pictures of before and after ...incredibly effective
A copy of your insurance form - they know you are professional
Business Number - accredited is important.
WSIB, WHMIS, any and all safety certificates you have
One or two letters of recommendation
A few business cards
A survey for the client to fill out "AFTER" you land them, it shows you really want their business....add a prepaid return envelope....then they don't have to do anything but fill it out and send it off
A starter discount, maybe one day free or one week...its up to you.

This way when you go into a home or business you don't look like you are just showing up hoping to get a contract, you are saying to the client...I know you are busy but when you get a chance I will leave a welcome package for you to look at. It shows that you are very professional and serious. Hell if you take the time to put together a sales package and not simply a 30 second sales pitch....you improve your chances 10 fold.

My friends this works for me and I know it will work for you!
Hi TS that's an excellent package to get bids or foot in the door. I'm in process of putting a cleaning company and I'm at beginning stages. However I have no before and after pictures. Is the anything else you might add to the package? Thanks
post #18 of Old 02-04-2016, 05:42 PM

the best thing that customer search for is the quality of your work
To me after using this machine which bought from amazon i get high impression and good reputation with my clients ,

"BLACK+DECKER BDH1725SM SmartSelect Steam Mop"
post #19 of Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 PM

Nathan, This is BRILLIANT: "I just got a magnet with the Redskins schedule on it... it went right up"

Stress balls are easy, but it's like pens everyone has one they are handing out. I think the slightly personal approach works best (really love the Football Team Schedule approach).
post #20 of Old 02-25-2018, 06:09 PM

I like business card magnets and pens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode