Question about what to charge. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Question about what to charge.

My wife started a cleaning company and recruited me to handle the business side. She want's to start doing basic residential but i'm also pushing to also pursue commercial clients.

One question about rates. I know you can charge by the hour, by the square footage or by the job itself. So here's what i've come up with.

$30.00 per hour per person. 2 hour minimum. This if if the job is basic. Basic service includes dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming and other basically household type cleaning. My wife wants to have a second person and she is going to pay them $30.00 per hour. We will be supplying all of the cleaning products (green products mostly). If a client signs up for contract for either 6 or 12 months they would get a discounted rate. Any out of the ordinary requests will simply get time added on. Now if a job takes an hour or less then I would go by square footage. I'm thinking 3 to 8 cents per square foot so and 1100 square foot apartment would be in between $33 and $88. I'm also thinking of adding a transit fee of $10 to $15. She's targeting high income homes.

Is this a good starting point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode