Quick Question About Piece of Business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-04-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quick Question About Piece of Business

I'm a new business owner in this industry. Hello there.

I have a question. It seems as if there is such a thing as cleaning certifications. I was looking through a site and continually stumbled upon one called IJCSA (International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association). They stated that with membership, certifications and courses are free. So I decided to sign up since they seem to pop up anytime I search anything about certifications. My questions are..

1. Has anyone used this company before for certifications?
2. If someone has, can anyone explain to me why you pay for membership then also have to pay for the certificate even though it clearly states it's included with the membership?
3. Are certifications even necessary?

Thanks for any help with this matter. It's deeply appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-06-2018, 05:34 PM

Until and unless janitorial/ residential businesses and their employees are required by state law or mandate to be certified it's nothing more than marketing and a way for the organization to make money. Do your research and determine if certification has any benefits to your business. From my standpoint as a residential business owner the certifications that are offered by different associations for residential cleaning are useless, just my opinion.
post #3 of Old 05-07-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the info. I truly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-07-2018, 03:40 PM

jbates8989
Thank you for your question. I am not familiar with IJCSA. I went thru Betco.com online training which was free at that time, but may cost $ now.
I think facility managers/property manager may take a closer look to see if you have certs. I do get asked by some of my prospective customers if I have any certs and I do mention that I am/have certifications in 6-7 janitorial service areas.
But I will close with this: if my competitors have certs, they sure don't seem to advertise that they have them.
Brad BD Janitorial
P.S. unless you are the only cleaning company in town, certs help to differentiate You from your competition
post #5 of Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 AM

best offers of cleanvac

Hi! This is Furkan. Congratulations on your business! Your company can boost up by upgrading your equipment with @clean vacmachine carpet cleaning systems with very competitive prices, all made in Turkey! Please contact me. +905559808006

We can offer very competitive prices and high quality ,as compared to our international competitors.
Check and see these attachments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 - Kopya.jpg (37.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg RL1400A.jpg (30.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg cleanvac-usd.pdf(promotions)-3.jpg (152.7 KB, 0 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode