Quotes - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-25-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quotes

So, I have been cleaning for 2 years now. At one point I had an employee for about 3 months for routines cleans and one helper to,me for move in out cleans. That help left to,do,their own thing and I,uave realized that I can do that same amount of,work in the time in took a team of 2.

I quote each job by the job not by the hour. Here's the problem, I can pretty much do any house in 2 1/2 hours or less. I feel like I can do a little more than some people and from experience, I do a lot more than most in that 2 hour period.

Some customers cant justify paying much over $60 when I'm just in the house for 2 to 3 hours.

Anyone, have any advice for me? I have explained many times that I am a business. Bonded and insured. All of that plus expenses and taxes come,off of that but they don't care. They will find someone that does ot on yhe side.

I usually will not come down on price unless they want routine services. I might come down from the initial clean.

The ones that agree with price, stay with me and quickly see what all I do to justify the price....its just getting the customer initially.
Thank you for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 PM

* if you could take 3 hours out of your day and do NOTHING but clean - you would have the need for a professional house cleaner *

- many people try to argue how long it takes them to clean their own house well...when in actuality they spend time doing off task items during the process. As a professional cleaner we are doing nothing in your home BUT cleaning- we aren't making decisions about organization, tossing items, we aren't answering the phone, having ice tea, glancing at the TV. We have no emotional attachment to any thing in the house or the cleaning process itself. We aren't wasting time so cleaning time is drastically cut.

* I can not penalize myself for being efficient, organized and efficient with my ability to clean. Please check my references, I'm sure you will find that my current customers find me worth every dollar*

~ just off the top of my head these are two reasonable answers to justify the price you are charging. You have stated that you are able to get the price you want.... at some point there is nothing wrong with saying NO, thanking the potential customer for their time and telling them to feel free to call back if the person/business they do end up choosing dose not work out. Sometimes people are just looking for the cheapest option. Sometimes you can't really blame customers because as you correctly pointed out there is a wide variety of prices in this industry- can't blame people for questioning and being confused by this.
post #3 of Old 03-25-2018, 07:27 PM

Should read "you would NOT have the need..."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode