Setting up my new cleaning service. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Setting up my new cleaning service.

Hey all! Being new to the cleaning service, I'm really concerned as to how I'm going to start off with it. However, I do not have a proper office space yet and so there are no much advertisements and banners so far. But I need something to let people know that my business exists. So I've been thinking of printing pamphlets and distributing them. Is that a good start? Also, I've got some suggestions from my friends, that I start using business cards in order to be more professional. Searching online, I found plenty of business card designs. Seriously speaking, I never knew there were so many designs for business cards. https://www.captainprint.com/products/business-cards Could anyone suggest me which kind would suit a cleaning service. Since, we have many well established cleaning services in Ontario, I want my business card to stand out in some way, but not be too flashy either. Please advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 AM

A simple start would be to have a printed flyer with a list of services you plan to offer and any specialty clean you can do. Business cards are a must and are very good ways to pass out to potential customers or to friends to pass along for you.

I can not stress the power of free advertising enough! Create a Facebook page for your business, start a cleaning blog, Instagram account to show off your work! you want to put yourself out there as much as you can while spending the least amount of money possible when just starting off. Connect with friends, friends of friends, relatives, you name it!

Finally when you're ready, it looks 100x more professional if you have a brick and mortar establishment. Customers want to see a business that is established and when Googled not pulling up a residential address. Food for thought!

Hope this helps some!
post #3 of Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 PM

What year is it?

When someone needs a service done, whether is cleaning, lawn mowing, carpets, tow truck, etc... what do they do in this modern age of the internet? We'll i'm not a computer or smart phone addict but I still go to google when ever I need something done. You need to be easy to find on the internet. You figure this out and you can start getting customers like its easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-11-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieboy View Post
When someone needs a service done, whether is cleaning, lawn mowing, carpets, tow truck, etc... what do they do in this modern age of the internet? We'll i'm not a computer or smart phone addict but I still go to google when ever I need something done. You need to be easy to find on the internet. You figure this out and you can start getting customers like its easy.
Exactly! Word of mouth just doesnt work like it used to 15 years ago. We are in a digital age and if you're not on board with that you'll find yourself struggling more. Having an online presence is more likely to generate leads for you rather than you seeking out leads
post #5 of Old 07-14-2016, 12:27 PM

I'm considering mailing flylers to customers homes.
post #6 of Old 07-23-2016, 10:22 PM

I second a website. Getting your online presence will be crucial to getting good customers. Mailers will work to an extent, but as brownieboy said, most people these days check out Google first

Mel

Carpet Cleaning Kissimmee
(407) 871-6730
http://www.carpetcleaningkiss.com
post #7 of Old 08-10-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I need something to let people know that my business exists. So I've been thinking of printing pamphlets and distributing them. Is that a good start?
That is a GREAT start. Flyers work well with a cleaning business, even today with Google and everything. Keep working the streets in your demographic and focus on talking with people and getting to know them on a personal level.

Why would someone look at Google when they have your flyer in their hand?

However, having a website is good too (landing page is better with just phone number and some basic information about your business), but it is very hard to get to the top of Google search and hard to stay there if you do.

Instead of spending months and months or even years on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get to the top of Google, verify your business with Google Maps so that you show up when someone searches " cleaning company near me". It's easy and free from Google https://www.google.com/business/

You must have an address to do this, but you can use your home address until you get office space (if you ever do, I never did).

You also may want to add your business to websites like Angie's List and Yelp.

Oh, and yes order business cards. The simpler, the better.

DO NOT PUT YOUR WEBSITE ON YOUR BUSINESS CARD. You want people to call you instead of going online to find hundreds of other cleaning companies.

Good luck.

Heather Fuller~Infinite Legacy Solutions
Education, Action, Support

post #8 of Old 09-06-2016, 05:15 PM

I'm glad someone else agrees with me. Re:Heather

DO NOT PUT YOUR WEBSITE ON YOUR BUSINESS CARD. You want people to call you instead of going online to find hundreds of other cleaning companies.

I won't even put a Facebook logo on my cards.
post #9 of Old 09-14-2016, 11:42 PM

I'm more in agreement for an online presence. In a sense, you do want to attract the best customers, most of those are on their mobile devices and most of them are going to google. I do agree with doing the most free advertising that you can do online and then once you have a budget in place, you can tap into more online options like working with an agency who specializes in SEO or local lead generation.
post #10 of Old 09-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Setting Up New Business

I have been doing a lot of research on getting started on a commercial cleaning business. I think I have a good grasp on most things, knowing that a lot will be learning as I go. It will probably myself and another person starting this company and doing most of the cleaning to start. We want to do small to mid sized offices, what is the square footage we can reasonably expect to clean and in how much time? Say 5k, 10K, 15k, 20k sq feet, and is it even doable. Also do most people clean themselves when first starting or do they hire employees and then oversee? what is the best way or ways other have done it? It would be the usual trash disposal, vacuum, bathroom cleaning, disinfecting wipe downs, maybe mopping/dusting. Thanks!

Last edited by CPaleo; 09-21-2016 at 10:20 PM.
post #11 of Old 09-23-2016, 06:18 AM

As a mrketer I had the chance to work with both offline and online marketing channels. They both have their pros and cons but the most important thing is to know, which way will lead you more customers in your type of business. At the moment I think that people respond more to online advertising, than offline. At least for the cleaning sector.

Marketing manager for After building cleaners.
post #12 of Old 12-23-2016, 07:41 AM

Go through some online website!!!
post #13 of Old 12-23-2016, 07:32 PM

Good Luck

Good Luck with your new venture ! you are in the right place to learn!
post #14 of Old 06-19-2019, 08:56 AM

Flyers are not that effective anymore. (my opinion)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode