I am currently working part time for another company which prompted me with the idea to go out on my own. I have a few questions that I need help with.
I live in Maryland and my business will remain in Maryland as well. I plan on doing basic office cleaning, strip and wax, and carpet cleaning.
Here are my questions:
1. What licenses, insurance, bonds, and permits do I need?
2. If I need permits, do I need to get a permit in each town I do business in? (Seems tedious for 1 time gigs.)
3. When I hire employees, do I need a certain amount of money saved in savings for payroll or anything like that?
4. I know I need MSDS sheets for each chemical I use. Is this something I can type up or is there a company or organization where I have to get these forms from?
5. Should I do my own bookkeeping or hire a professional accountant. Obviously I am trying to keep the overhead low.