starting a new company - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-13-2010, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

starting a new company

Hey guys I am very glad to be a member here and I have a few questions about starting a flooring company dedicated to stripping, waxing and maintaining VCT tile. I would like to also venture into other types of floor restoration however VCT is where i have the most exp. I currently work for a major industrial services contractor and would like to be independant from them in the next 24months. I need some help securing insurance and some advice on the varying types of finnishes, sealers and strippers. Ima newbie so to speak but im great with the process ive done over 40,000sqft of floor in the last year so im fairly confident in the ability. thanks alot !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-15-2010, 04:32 PM

Hi jmack

Business is not easy. Its hard work and discipline.

Most businesses fail.

And the most important reason is starting a business for the wrong reason.

Read this article

All the best
post #3 of Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 AM

To start in any business. You must have passion on the business you plan to start.
Proper Planning and Good Financing are main important to make you business launched. I'm not telling yet the success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys! I am more or less interested in controlling my own destiny. As of now the heads of my company determine what,when and where so sometimes we get the shaft so to speak. I really enjoy finnishing floors (VCT) and I have developed an eye for quality so now Im really interested in taking this skill and runing with it. Ive found a ton of great information here and its your experence that I would like to call on. I am looking to secure some small contracts mostly party stores and other small places to get my feet wet. I am a little lost on insurance I know that its very neccesary but im not sure what to carry. Thanks again guys
post #5 of Old 11-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Start desiging your business now and build your maketing strategy while still working. It takes time to get the word out about your brand and services.
post #6 of Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Thats just about where I am know, Im still in the determining stages of what services to offer exactly. So far im thinking general cleaning (offices,hair salons etc) Floor strip, wax and maint. and end of lease apartment clean outs.
post #7 of Old 12-15-2010, 05:21 AM

In order to run a competitive flooring business you should be prepared to offer your customers a variety of flooring options and price ranges. You will need to have the tools and equipment to install the different flooring options.
Your initial investment, when starting a flooring business will be in acquiring the necessary tools and equipment needed to install the various flooring. Marketing will also require some start up cost so that you can spread the word about your flooring business.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #8 of Old 12-23-2010, 01:47 PM

How are things going Jmack?
post #9 of Old 12-26-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
Thats just about where I am know, Im still in the determining stages of what services to offer exactly. So far im thinking general cleaning (offices,hair salons etc) Floor strip, wax and maint. and end of lease apartment clean outs.
You are thinking the right way. It's difficult to find enough amount of work providing just floor cleaning services. Try to offer your customers more, like you already mentioned janitorial services. I would suggest also doing carpet cleaning, window cleaning and post construction. It's not that difficult as you think. If you plan to start on your own within 24 month, you can try to work for someone else cleaning carpets, windows and providing regular cleaning services, this way you can get more knowledge in these fields.
If you can offer the customers all these services, you will have more advantage over the competition and you will always get some work, whether it's floor, carpet, post construction, windows or janitorial.
Also think about website, I read somewhere "if you are not online, you don't exist". A lot of people search online these days.
By the way, in what area are you in?
Good luck.
post #10 of Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM

alphacleaning 2009 and Larugcleaning have given you the most important pieces of advice Jmack. Good Financing, when you decide to leave the company you are working for at the moment you will need some funds to survive and keep your new business up and running while you build your clients base.

Go Online, I suggest you register a domain, build a website, apply some basic SEO techniques to it and let it rest or age if your prefer. When you decide to venture on your own with your company your website will have a reasonable rep with the search engines and it will be easier to rank for targeted terms and start attracting prospects to your site. (Jesus I sounded like my SEO guy now)

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode