Stat Up Cost for carpet, tile, upholstery cleaning business - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-19-2020, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Stat Up Cost for carpet, tile, upholstery cleaning business

I am looking to start a carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, furniture/upholstry cleaning business with maybe one or two office cleanings once a week. What's a realistic start up cost for good equipment that I wont regret buying down the road. I am talking about equipment / supplies. Please do not include marketing costs or vehicle cost as these are subjective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-23-2020, 06:06 PM

Out of curiosity, I used your question and queried the University of Google for "Start Up Cost for carpet, tile, upholstery cleaning business", and a bunch of hits were generated.

It appears you can go the independent route or the franchise route.

I think a large part of the answer you are looking for depends on how much you are willing to spend?

Interested in leaning more about dishwashers? - check out my blog
post #3 of Old 04-23-2020, 07:00 PM

there are two carpet cleaning forums online that would be of great help. truckmountforums.com and mikeysboard.com

You will find many forums on each board from Janitorial to Portable to truckmount but these are where the Pros go. You will get a much better answer there. (from a cleaner with 39 years experience)

I would recommend Truckmountforums.com first. You need leather skin to go on mikeysboard.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-24-2020, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the responses.

To clarify these additional services are to keep workers busy during the winter months.

I looked into VLM carpet cleaning and think this could be a good start without investing to much. I am assuming with an oreck orbiter, some bonnets, chemicals, vaccum, etc it can be started for around $500-800.

I am willing to spend any amount of money on equipment provided that I can get the money back very quickly. Obviously that is subjective to pricing and customer availability, but just wondering whats a good trade off. I don't want to work myself or my workers lives away to keep reinvesting in equipment if that makes sense. I would rather put more money in all of our pockets at the end of the day.
post #5 of Old 04-24-2020, 02:02 PM

james_beacon
Thank you for your question. I have an Oreck orbiter + pads + different carpet cleaning chems all total my investment was way under 800.00.
My only tile & grout cleaning experiences are the following:
Commercial kitchen 1500 sq ft used a enzymatic product which delivered the best results for removing Food Grade grease. The customer was very happy with the results. Ist application used a deck scrub brush to apply & work in the enzymatic and vacuumed up or pushed remained scrubbed liquid to floor drain. other enzymatic applications were just mop on with scrubber microfiber pads and let the enzymatic do it's thing.
Just did a tile & grout scrub/deep / clean for a new customer, just used deck brush to scrub and then push scrubbed liquid to floor drain or just mopped it up.
Maybe will try to use the Oreck orbiter to scrub 2 restroom floors later this year. Only have 2 commercial customers with tile & grout floors.
Have 1 customer that requests furniture cleaning--use a commercial steamer for this job.
To get customers try Thumbtack.com or Bark.com Amazon Services--if they have a tile cleaning service. Thumbtack & Bark you only pay for the leads you bid on but it's a free to join/sign up and gage how much biz ther would be for your services for a given area or zip code.
Good Luck in your new biz....Brad BD Janitorial
post #6 of Old 04-25-2020, 11:28 AM

costs are minimum to the machine itself and the car to carry it. Most costs is labor mostly with cleaning. I would assume you can buy used machine and car. Also take into account most of the work is labor and its all money in your pocket so its good money. My carpet cleaning company has been costs are minimum yet the rewards are great! You would probably need to pay a little in marketing thats where money goes too unless you have clients already!
post #7 of Old 04-25-2020, 10:08 PM

yep listen to this guy Mayagh, runs his business out of a condo. OMG, really? look at his website. He is the best.
post #8 of Old 05-30-2020, 10:35 AM

To be honest it is good to buy new stuff like machinery and so as you have warranty. Like any other electrics and carsn they broke down. You look probably around-4000-6000 for a start up equip, tools and chemicals.
post #9 of Old 07-02-2020, 06:16 AM

good luck, nice idea

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode