Success Journal - Watch Me Go From $0 To $5,000+ Per Month - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-08-2014, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Success Journal - Watch Me Go From $0 To $5,000+ Per Month

Note: I am moving my journal here to the business section so to keep myself and others motivated.

I'm starting with nothing, as you can read below.

If I can do this, anyone can!!!

Last edited by NewCleaningBusiness; 12-08-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-08-2014, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

SUCCESS UPDATE #1 - I've Lost Everything, Almost...

Sunday, December 7 2014.

Hello all!

I'm from California and it's great to be here. Currently working an overnight shift at a hotel desk, barely scraping by.

My story...

I'm going to be a huge success story, considering I'm starting my own house cleaning business next week on literally NOTHING. I've got everything against me, besides my mind and body, lol.

I saw my Father do it years ago before he passed and he brought it to a $300,000 annual net profit business in just a few years.

I'm 41 years old, separated from my wife, no car, no money (about $150), no credit, and behind on my rent.

Yet I've been to heights of income exceeding $100,000 in the past, ran my own online businesses for years, and have lovely children who I need to take care of.

So while I have nearly lost it all, I'm about to get into this new venture and see it through.

1 client is all I need. The rest will follow!

Wish me luck!

Last edited by NewCleaningBusiness; 12-08-2014 at 06:49 AM.
post #3 of Old 12-08-2014, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

SUCCESS UPDATE #2 - Beginning Essentials

Thursday, December 4 2014.

Well I am about to make the leap with just a phone number and some flyers. Next week I'll be setting up my website and other details like business name and business license, but for now I'm DIVING RIGHT IN to make some MULA!!!

Today's Accomplishments:

• Bought a nice Bike and Trailer to travel local to jobs and supplies. Total cost $160.

• Chose my business name

• Got my flyer template ready and will print about 200-300 at work tonight (or as many as I can for free here).

• Email account created (business name @ gmail.com)

• Yelp page created (no pics or details yet, but will upload one of my face and some minor details shortly).

• Domain name is available, will get that for a website up within a week (just going to be a simple site via wordpress)

Next Week Goals:

1) Order my domain name (which is my business name - luckily it's NOT taken).

2) Set up hosting and site.

3) Order business cards if I have the cash.

4) Make flyers.

5) Set up social media accounts and start online promoting (SINCE I WORK THE NIGH SHIFT AT A DESK, I HAVE TIME FOR THIS).

6) Set up an alternative BUSINESS ADDRESS (like at mailbox etc. or something)

Last edited by NewCleaningBusiness; 12-08-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-09-2014, 11:54 PM

I can't tell if you are for real or completely insane but I am rooting for you to get accounts and keep us updated!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 12-13-2014, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra352 View Post
I can't tell if you are for real or completely insane but I am rooting for you to get accounts and keep us updated!
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
Thanks for rooting for me!

But one thing I'm not sure of is the 'insane' part. What about my goals sounds crazy?

- Mike
post #6 of Old 12-13-2014, 06:05 AM

I have never heard anyone say that they will be very successful with no money, no customers, no equipment and travels by BIKE! Your story will be made into a movie if you become successful! If not then you will crash and burn. I am waiting for you to get that first account to get you off and running. Will be more then happy to help you if you're looking for accounts in NJ.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #7 of Old 12-13-2014, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra352 View Post
I have never heard anyone say that they will be very successful with no money, no customers, no equipment and travels by BIKE! Your story will be made into a movie if you become successful! If not then you will crash and burn. I am waiting for you to get that first account to get you off and running. Will be more then happy to help you if you're looking for accounts in NJ.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
No crash and burn here, and no movie either as it's just really simple stuff.

I've been running my own online businesses in different areas for years, so diving head first into a business venture is nothing new to me.

I've developed a kind of confidence from this experience that produces great results when combined with a plan of action.

I'm a week behind as last week was very busy with non-work stuff and such.

Oh, I also quit my night job too, tonight is my last night.

I just made the game even more interesting

But seriously though, this night shift has been killing me as far as energy and sleep. I can't imagine working 11pm to 7am and then doing well in the cleaning business. I rarely have time to sleep 4-5 hours a day on such a schedule.

I'd much rather get at least 7-8 hours of sleep during the evening, then wake up and kick ass all day!

Gonna be great. I will keep the board informed of every little experience along the way.

- Mike
post #8 of Old 12-15-2014, 10:31 AM

He can do it. I started out with $0 and no job and no bike in a city where I was new (Omaha 1991). I got a job at Burger King (walked 8 miles to work and 8 miles back.... all up hill lol), spent my 2nd check on a used bike at a pawn shop..... moved my way up to a '74 Nova with no back suspension and that is when I started cleaning.

My point is that I KNOW he can do it if he keeps his drive up! Heck anyone can if they choose to do it. Personally I was in a position where I didn't have a choice and maybe he is too.

Hopefully he can keep us updated since he quit his night job. And hopefully he doesn't give up. He is starting 2 weeks before Christmas..... not sure it's going to make any money until mid-January but hopefully it goes well for him.
post #9 of Old 12-17-2014, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Got another update tomorrow, had some snags in time, but good things.

I'll be "officially" open for business tomorrow. Got a few nice shirts made that says, "My last Name, Family Cleaning"

Looks good, ready to go, got all my supplies, etc.

Will make an official post tomorrow - as tomorrow I start advertising...

- Mike
post #10 of Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 PM

lol...SprintCar93 and NewCleaningBusiness - I find your business adventure quite intriguing. If Sprint says you can do it, you can. Thank you for being encouraging and not degrading and negative SC93. Mike's doing exactly what I'm trying to do in 1/3 the time. I've been at this cleaning business for nearly 10 years, trying to set my life up to do it, scared to frickin death 'OF SUCCESS".... ...love that line in "Its a Wonderful Life" "Confoundet man are you afraid of success!" lol ---peace out
post #11 of Old 02-08-2015, 07:49 AM

I wish you all the best NewCleaningBusiness. Determination and focus will help you succeed. I will be waiting for your updates.

Olena
Clean4Real Cleaning Services
Connect with us on Google+ Clean4Real
Follow us on FB Clean4Real

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode