What are the best cleaning products do you use?? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

What are the best cleaning products do you use??

I was wondering what the best cleaning products are that everyone has found and where do you get them from? Does anyone buy in bulk? We seem to be making a million trips to the store.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
I was wondering what the best cleaning products are that everyone has found and where do you get them from? Does anyone buy in bulk? We seem to be making a million trips to the store.
Kendra, I have a great many products (some given to me for free), all "green".

The products I personally love and my clients rave about the smell is a product called Citra-Solv.

http://www.buythecase.net/brand/Citra-Solv/

Of course if your company is not "green" you might want to try something else.

Cat

Write the vision and make it plain: http://maidservicecoaching.wordpress.com/
post #3 of Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

When we do residential we try not to use anything too harsh but when we do move outs that is a whole different story. We have learned that the Zep toilet acid works great on yucky tubs and sinks. If there is something I can not get out by the time I have scrubbed it four times with other stuff I will use that and whatever it is just wipes right up. Hmmm...maybe I should just use it first and stop wasting my time????

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Cat

Quote:
When we do residential we try not to use anything too harsh but when we do move outs that is a whole different story. We have learned that the Zep toilet acid works great on yucky tubs and sinks. If there is something I can not get out by the time I have scrubbed it four times with other stuff I will use that and whatever it is just wipes right up. Hmmm...maybe I should just use it first and stop wasting my time????
What products do you presently use for your floors and general cleaning?

post #5 of Old 02-27-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

We have mainly been using Zep but we did find some sort of concentrated 409 that works good and smells good. I have not found it in a huge container yet. But that is what we try to use when we do residential. Some of the Zep products are very harsh smelling and I do not want to put others in harms way by the odors. We only use those in empty houses or apartments.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #6 of Old 02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Cat

Quote:
We have mainly been using Zep but we did find some sort of concentrated 409 that works good and smells good. I have not found it in a huge container yet. But that is what we try to use when we do residential. Some of the Zep products are very harsh smelling and I do not want to put others in harms way by the odors. We only use those in empty houses or apartments.
Okay, so you have a regular cleaning business. You are not "green".

You should have no problems finding products wholesale. You simply need an EIN number, which I'm sure you have. Type in the product name and the word "wholesale" to a search engine and you will find all types of possibilities.

post #7 of Old 02-27-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

No we are not "green" but should be. I am also in the process if going back to school for a business degree and they have me taking environmental science. I should be shot! Not only because of the products I use in my business but everything I do in my home. I am surprised I have not been kicked off the planet yet!

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #8 of Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 PM

I am a "natural" cleaner...no more "green" cleaning. Everything I use is totally non-toxic and natural. "Green cleaning" products still have toxic chemicals incorporated in their base components.

Spray "Simple Green" in your face for a while and experience the CHOKE factor..ick...as opposed to using a Seventh Generation dishwashing liquid mix & naturally disinfecting tea tree/lavendar, et al, essential oils.

Just my 2 cents. Natural is the best...green is second best.

Kudos to all who are transitioning. Anything is better than clorox

suzi

Last edited by suzikg; 02-27-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
post #9 of Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

The only time I use bleach is on move out refrigerators that have some mildew or mold. Even then it is at a minimum. That stuff affects me so bad. My eyes burn and water. I get a headache also. I use to use that in my house and it was horrible.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #10 of Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Cat

Quote:
The only time I use bleach is on move out refrigerators that have some mildew or mold. Even then it is at a minimum. That stuff affects me so bad. My eyes burn and water. I get a headache also. I use to use that in my house and it was horrible.
Seventh Generation now has a natural bleach. Consider using that instead.
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp145458_3...ree_bleach.htm

I have some but have not used it yet.

post #11 of Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I will try that.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #12 of Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Hydrogen peroxide works in lieu of bleach as does vinegar.
post #13 of Old 02-27-2008, 10:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I have a variety of products, all natural.

One thing I cannot live without in any home is Barkeeper's Friend. Although it isn't marketed as "natural" or "green", it is my understanding that it is. The active ingredient is rhubarb powder.

But, even if someone burst my bubble and gave me solid evidence that it wasn't "natural" enough, you couldn't convince me to use anything else in it's place. I love it and it is very effective. It works on glasstop stoves and showers like magic.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #14 of Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Torrey, how do the natural cleaners stack up to the regular ones? Do they clean just as good? I have not tried them but I think that we should. Sometimes we encounter some really tough places and we have to use the harsh cleaners to get the job done. Do the natual products clean just as good?

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #15 of Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 PM

Let me add a thought here -

Seventh Generations products were mentioned above -

Have any of you read the ingredients list and MSDS sheet for their products?

Sodium Laureth Sulfate is one of the main ingredients - a common ingredient found in many shampoos and body washes, etc...... yet one that is commonly under fire from naturalist who are worried about health and wellbeing of humans.

here is an interesting link with reading materials regarding this ingredient - http://www.healthy-communications.co...sirritant.html

it does make you wonder
post #16 of Old 02-28-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
Let me add a thought here -

Seventh Generations products were mentioned above -

Have any of you read the ingredients list and MSDS sheet for their products?

Sodium Laureth Sulfate is one of the main ingredients - a common ingredient found in many shampoos and body washes, etc...... yet one that is commonly under fire from naturalist who are worried about health and wellbeing of humans.

it does make you wonder
OH, CRUD, I had no idea that SLS was in their products. How can they tout them to be safe and "natural"?

That is NOT a good ingredient and one of the reasons I have gone to a basically natural (98.8%) shampoo & creme rinse for my hair and soap for the body that is SLS & paraben free.

Thank you Theresa for sending this our way.

suzi
post #17 of Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info, T. You are a wealth of information!

I have yet to use anything from Seventh Generation. I guess I won't be trying them in the future!

Kendra, to answer your question...I find that the benefits outweigh the risks by using green and natural cleaning supplies. At the same time, I find that they are just as effective at cleaning as their toxic counterparts. Like I said, BKF is like magic to me!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #18 of Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! I will look into making the switch. Now I just need to find a supplier.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #19 of Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will look into making the switch. Now I just need to find a supplier.
You might want to look into joining the purchasing alliance. There are quite a few vendors there to choose from and they give discount pricing for members.

Email me if you need the link. Unless T tells me to post it, that is.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #20 of Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
You might want to look into joining the purchasing alliance. There are quite a few vendors there to choose from and they give discount pricing for members.

Email me if you need the link. Unless T tells me to post it, that is.

Torrey

Nathan the admin of this board is nice enough to allow me to list the purchasing alliance in my signature lines - thanks Nathan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode