What to charge to clean bar 7x week...help please!!! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

What to charge to clean bar 7x week...help please!!!

Hello, first of I would like to start of by introducing myself. My name is Stuart Jensen and I own a small cleaning business in North Dakota. I got done looking at a pretty big job and really need some input on what to charge. I will try and list the most details I can.

The bar is 5500 sq. ft country/western bar. It is a smoking bar and this bar does usually have pretty good crowds everyday of the week.

75% of the floor is carpet which will need to be vacuumed

Dance floor is wood and just needs to be mopped

There are 4 bathrooms

2 Mens - 2 urinals and 1 stall in each
2 Womens - 3 stalls each

The bar owner seemed like he pretty much want's everything cleaned. His cleaning guy is retiring but told me that his 1 guy took 4-6 hours per night to clean this.

I plan on having two people work this job. Myself and my partner. I use all my own chemicals and equipment. I will use their paper products to restock.

I do not have to clean glasses or alcohol bottles.

I figured with 2 people it would take about 2-3 hours per night.

The way I calculated it was $2300 per month.

AM I TO HIGH OR TO LOW? PLEASE HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 AM

Bar cleaning

Are you located in a rural area or metropolitan area? Do you know what locals charge for cleaning restaurants/bars? Have you talked to the guy who is retiring to see what he is charging and if there are some items that are special?

Your rate seems a little high but if the place is rowdy and gets a lot of usage you could be right on target.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
post #3 of Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Sounds good

That sounds about right in all honesty considering you are cleaning 7 days a week there and cant begin cleaning until after the bar closes so will be 1,2,3 in the morning and you should take that into consideration as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM

If this is a 7 night per week cleaning job and you are expecting to clean for possibly 6 hours per night x 30 nights per month that equals 180 hours per month. At $2,300.00 per month you're asking $12.77 per hour. That sounds like one crappy job to me, especially because they will probably be open 365 nights per year and the cleaning will probably be done after 2:00 am! If it is truly a 6 hour per night job, 7 nights per week, I would be at $2,995.00 per month.
Good luck!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM

I agree

2300 would be my lowest cost! Got to give yourself some wiggle room to negotiate especially if he has other properties and contracts you may get. Good luck.

Jamel Dennis-SOAPrano's Cleaning LLC
www.soapranoscleaning.net
post #6 of Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM

I would offer $2500

Bars can be extremely messy after a long night! Roughly at 13-14$ an hour is fair to clean it up and sanitize key areas.

I would go higher even! Just present your case to them and see where they stand on it.
post #7 of Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 AM

As quoted earlier that you must know what people in that area and the person whom you have replaced has been charging till now and then decide what should be your estimate. I suppose you will end up with increased rates per month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode