What equipment do I need to start? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

What equipment do I need to start?

Gathering information to start my business. Trying to come up with a good monthly investment figure and total overhead to start figuring my hourly rate to charge.
Bsides the basics: mops, brooms, rags, spray bottles, buckets, vacuums and chemicals.
What would you recommend as good startup equipment for carpet and upholstery cleaning? Is there a specific beginner vacuum cleaner you guys use for all three? Is there a steamer you recommend for tile grout or upholstery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 PM

The smartest thing to do is get business before you blow your load on equipment. You can have the fanciest and most equipment in town but without jobs, it doesn't really do you any good. I tried telling my buddy the same thing... he knew more than I did so he bought (BORROWED the money) $42,000 worth of stuff to clean with... bad thing is, I had more carpet jobs with my $715 worth of equipment than he did. I got out of carpet cleaning because I didn't like it... most get out because they can't find jobs to make money.

No need to buy it all at once either. If you get a few carpet cleaning jobs lined up... buy the carpet cleaner. No need to buy equipment to clean grout if you can't get any jobs to make the money back. Just using that as an example.
post #3 of Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking for more of an initial investment. In other words, things I cant do without. For example, a good beginner vacuum that maybe has the scrubbing/ liquid suction power that would be used for office cleaning but I could get away with carpet cleaning at the beginning.
I agree 100% and have treated my Landscaping business the same way. Never purchased anything without having work lined up. I do however had to invest in something the day I landed my first job. Just trying to make a list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM

good advice. in my own business. i have opted to buy supplies for the demand. buying up a bunch of stuff before you have the business to make the money back is a no no.

Leonard Manlove, Owner
Oasis Property Services, LLC
www.oasishomeservices.net
Serving: Roswell, Alpharetta, and Johns Creek
post #5 of Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Seriously? You need to go work with a truckmounted steam cleaning company and get an idea of how and what professionals use. Then get a used Truckmount and van for $10,000 or so. Before that have a website built and get it ranking for searched keywords in your area. Come up with a really good marketing plan. I wish I would have done all this with my company carpet cleaning tampa in the beginning.

Tile cleaning Tampa

Family Time Cleaning
8723 huntfield st
Tampa FL 33635
(727)742-5677
http://familytimecleaning.com/
post #6 of Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM

There are various equipments and machines available in the market. If you are not able to find one on the internet then locate a nearby store that keep such items and have a look at the range. Not only for these three purposes; you get supplements for various other cleaning methods too and definitely in a suitable range as required for the start of a new business.
post #7 of Old 11-03-2012, 06:28 AM

carpet cleaning machine, carpet cleaning chemicals, Chem-Tex carpet cleaning equipment, Chem-Tex manufactures carpet cleaning chemicals etc you need to have
post #8 of Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 AM

Hi there

Hi there I bought an industrial hover and some decent cleaning gear as a basic start, I sub contracted myself out so I could start a revenue and then built on that, slowly getting clients and filling my spare time, now I'm in the position to look at more equipment that the business will buy and not me, its a slow process but a steady one call it baby steps!!!

hope this helps

Jo
post #9 of Old 11-14-2012, 03:49 AM

Well the suggestions are really nice about the equipment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode