What should we charge? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-21-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Post What should we charge?

Hey all,

I have set up a cleaning company with my partner earlier this year, and all is going well. So far so good. (fingers crossed it will stay like that) I just have one question.
We are at the moment, bidding on cleaning a golf club, and we would need to give an estimate soon. It would be our first 'commercial' job.
The manager at the club wants us to do the cleaning every day, and the hours are up to us.

We can't really decide how many hours we should quote for one day? I was thinking maybe between 2-4. What would you say would be an acceptable hourly rate? We were thinking around £13-£14 but we also want this to cover the expenses such as employees, insurance, mileage, cleaning chemicals etc, but still have a bit of a profit at the end of the day.

It would be for 7 days a week. There are 3 offices one medium and two smaller sizes. Again there are the gents & ladies changing rooms (roughly about 25 sqm) each with separate toilets, shower cubicles. We don't have to touch the kitchen as it will be not our responsibility. However there is a dining room that is about 120 sqm and the 'pub' area is about 120-ish sqm.

Any advice will be very very appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 PM

Damn, it's 2015 and no one responded?

Anyway... yeah, it's usually between 2-4 hours, although I don't charge per hour, I charge per the job. I basically use the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to determine how much it would cost to clean. Pretty simple.

We provide professional and affordable house cleaning service in NJ. At MaidComfy, we believe that a cleaner home is a happier home!
post #3 of Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 PM

This is the first time I've seen this question. Not to mention, like therain I am a residential cleaner and by therain's answer it seems that neither of us know our ass from a hole in the ground about cleaning a golf club. I got my first clue at the end of therain's answer when he/she said, "I basically use the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to determine how much it would cost to clean. Pretty simple.". I'm not really a golfer but I'd bet the farm a golf club has 0 bedrooms and bathrooms are not the way to bid this job. Pretty simple he/she says.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-14-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
This is the first time I've seen this question. Not to mention, like therain I am a residential cleaner and by therain's answer it seems that neither of us know our ass from a hole in the ground about cleaning a golf club. I got my first clue at the end of therain's answer when he/she said, "I basically use the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to determine how much it would cost to clean. Pretty simple.". I'm not really a golfer but I'd bet the farm a golf club has 0 bedrooms and bathrooms are not the way to bid this job. Pretty simple he/she says.....
Yeah I don't know anything about cleaning golf clubs, I'm strictly residential cleaning

We provide professional and affordable house cleaning service in NJ. At MaidComfy, we believe that a cleaner home is a happier home!
post #5 of Old 10-30-2015, 09:57 AM

Tips for bidding process:

Estimate how many hours it will take to clean the office, building, or house for which you are bidding your cleaning services.

Determine the going labour rate in the area where you operate.

Add payroll costs.

Add estimated expenses including cleaning materials as well as overheads like phone, insurance, office supplies, insurance, advertising, etc.

Add your profit margin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode