$150 a day - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By raelyn
  • 1 Post By raelyn

post #1 of Old 07-16-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

$150 a day

Hi!!
Giving my first bid today for commercial cleaning.
They provide all supplies, toiletries, and the scrubber time scrub hallways.

This is a salvation army that had 10 offices, bathrooms and activity classrooms.

Need to be done 5 times a week.

Basic vacuuming of office floors, dusting and trash. Hallways will need the scrubber.
There are 2 stalls yo all bathrooms, 8 bathrooms.

Customer needs a quote today and wants us to start tomorrow. Right now I am thinking $150 a day with a team of 2.

Is this too much condidering they will provide chemicals and toiletries??? We will use our backpac vac time sweep and maybe our mop dir the smaller areas.

Please, tell me what you think???? All the doors to the classrooms a offices ha e alittle window to clean too.
Thank you so much.
SNC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-16-2018, 04:03 PM

I am not a commercial cleaner so cannot be sure I am right or not. I think you have to consider how much time you think this job will take, and decide on what you should charge PER HOUR and go from there. It may be better to go a bit higher than you estimate, because (as you know quite well-) you wont truly know how grubby the place is until you first clean it!
Let me know how this goes, please. It is an interesting question.
post #3 of Old 07-16-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Yes, that's how I do houses. This is first commercial facility this large. I'm not exactly sure how long it would take a team of 2. I'm afraid I am way off but I am not sure.
SNC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-16-2018, 05:00 PM

Maybe there is a way you could work things out so that the price is finally decided on AFTER you clean it the first time???? Perhaps if you carefully explain that while you have a lot of experience cleaning houses, you are fairly new to cleaning offices/facilities. Encourage them to read your good reviews, so they know you are telling the truth. I always try to be honest with customers. It pays off in the end.

Wish some of my customers had that attitude!!! LOL!
post #5 of Old 07-16-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Lol
Thank you
post #6 of Old 07-16-2018, 06:03 PM

There is a lot to laugh about when you clean for a living! I still do not know how some people can live the way they do. UGH!
post #7 of Old 07-16-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Yes, nothing surprises me anymore. I just prepare for the worst and go in and get it done.
post #8 of Old 07-17-2018, 07:32 AM

Me, too. Except I still am surprised at what I find.

Bathrooms that have not been well cleaned in a long time always gross me out. The thick coating of dust, hairs, spider webs and whatever else is truly yucky. It isnt hard to clean, but still.....I know some people dont SEE this sort of thing, maybe because they dont see things as a pro cleaner does.

And kitchens, too, that have not been well cleaned. Dirty dishes all over the place, trash, crumbs, spills, etc. It is amazing that these people stay alive in such a mess!

Like you, I go to it, and get it all done, and the entire time I am trying to plan ahead on how to do it better next time.
post #9 of Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 PM

It really depends on how many hours do you think cleaners would be cleaning every day.

Simply multiple that with the rate that you charge your customers for your cleaners e.g. $30/hour, $35/hour etc
post #10 of Old 07-20-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.
post #11 of Old 07-26-2018, 09:14 PM
SNC

We do both commercial and residential at the moment, but we are pretty new.

For commercial we have been been pricing our estimates for sq ft.

For example:
3,000 sq ft x .15 cent
4,000 sq ft x .14 cent

And so forth, now we also factor in the condition of the building how much foot traffic, time and so on.

This is how we manage, again we are new but it seems to have been working out for us thus far.

Hope this helps.
post #12 of Old 07-27-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

So, I have given 3 commercial quotes by multiplying hours and at the most $30 hour and each time I am told I am too high. These quote are with 2 team members.

I feel like this area doesn't pay much for office cleaning unless one strips floors.
post #13 of Old 07-27-2018, 08:44 PM
SNC

Definitely can be the case, although I feel like that sometimes when we give quotes.

People want something for nothing, we usually give a price after doing the walk through and many sign the contract but most do not.

But we do not agree with low balling ourselves, many cleaners giving the lowest bids possible just to get an account, we do not, when they contact us they need a cleaning service, and its usually because the cleaners they had did not keep up.

But we give a quote and we are too high, the clients have to decide what to sacrifice in my opinion. I think if you keep at it you will land many accounts. Good luck.
post #14 of Old 07-27-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Thank you
post #15 of Old 08-04-2018, 12:20 PM

I would do what a lot of people have mentioned. How I do residential initials is say we (there's only 2 of us) charge $30.00 per hour/per person and the same with the 2nd cleaning. Whatever that comes out to is the set price. (I've done commercial and charged the same when I know it should be a bit higher.)

Last edited by gayelynn; 08-13-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: correct word
post #16 of Old 08-04-2018, 03:00 PM

I envy you people who can charge that much. I live in Vero Beach, FL and many house cleaners only get $9-12 per hour! I usually charge $15 - but sometimes $20 if, say, they live over 15 miles from me. I wish it were different here - but it isnt. Florida tends to be a lower paying state, which is exactly why I left Nursing. If I still lived in Mass, I would probably be making somewhere around $50 per hour.

I stay in cleaning because I truly enjoy my work. I like seeing results. I like setting goals for myself, and figuring out what is the best method to clean any home. You have to take into consideration the floor plan, and plan each area to do it the most efficiently. House cleaning is both mental and physical, much like Nursing is.
post #17 of Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 PM

I would suggest trying to find someone in the area you can reach out to. Prices can vary dramatically by state and region.
post #18 of Old 08-18-2018, 09:54 PM

Heck no! You are providing a valuable service. Don't underestimate yourself. I guess ultimately you got to ask yourself, is it worth it to do it any cheaper. When I started cleaning carpets I was somewhat "desperate" and did a lot of cleaning for money that just wasn't worth it.
post #19 of Old 08-21-2018, 06:37 AM

I think that is a very reasonable amount to charge for two people to do that much cleaning. It is a big job and to have it done 5 times a week I think is a great price. I would also figure out how much you want to get payed an hour and then tell them this is how long it will take.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode