5 Easy House Cleaning Tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

5 Easy House Cleaning Tips

Tip #1: Time: Decide how much time to spend.
House cleaning can be overwhelming. Some people like to have a big project and clean the whole house in one day. Others are paralyzed by the thought of all that cleaning. The secret is to decide to clean for a specific period of time fifteen minutes, 30 minutes, an hour or whatever. A timer should be set, energetic music turned on, and the house cleaned diligently for that amount of time. When the time is up, the cleaning can STOP. Usually small, consistent periods of house cleaning are more efficient and enjoyable than huge "all or nothing" days.

Tip #2: Amount: Divide and conquer.
House cleaning can be divided by tasks or rooms. In other words, one cleaning day can be assigned to specific tasks such as vacuuming or dusting and polishing or cleaning the windows or mopping the floors. Or the cleaning time can be used for cleaning of one room, perhaps Monday for the kitchen, Tuesdays for the bathrooms, etc.

Tip #3: Strategy: Clean general to specific.
Before house cleaning is done by tasks or rooms, all trash should be gathered into a trash bag and thrown away. Next, all the clutter should be picked up, put in a bag and distributed to the various rooms. If there is too much clutter, it should be thrown or given away. All family members need to have enough boxes, crates, or shelves to store their stuff.

Tip #4: Laundry: Use the basket system.
Laundry can become a monster. It's useful to have separate baskets for whites, colors, linens and heavy duty clothes like jeans. The baskets don't all have to be in the bathroom. They can be put wherever is convenient. After putting away the clutter, pick one basket to wash while doing other cleaning. If that basket doesn't fill the washing machine, get another basket of the same category.

Tip #5: Supplies: Be prepared.
Whether cleaning by task or by room, have the supplies available. All the bathrooms should have their bunch of cleaners, sponges, rags and trash bags. These can be put in a small plastic basket and stored under the sink. For the other rooms or tasks, the necessary supplies can be put in a basket and carried to the location to be cleaned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Another great suggestion is to make sure that you have the best replacement windows possible for that particular room. You may want a certain type of vinyl replacement window in a room, but it may end up making your clean up process harder and more complicated. Consult professionals before choosing windows that are right for your home!
post #3 of Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 AM

Tips provided from a source that's obviously never cleaned a whole home at once. The A No. 1 tip if you have to get through a McMansion in two hours: If it ain't dirty, don't touch it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicnspan View Post
Tips provided from a source that's obviously never cleaned a whole home at once. The A No. 1 tip if you have to get through a McMansion in two hours: If it ain't dirty, don't touch it.
I could not agree with you more .

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #5 of Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 AM

I would like to add how useful the basket method is, when it comes to clutter removal. It makes it much easier.
post #6 of Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicnspan View Post
These tips are useful for housewives that don't live in mansions but ordinary houses.
Mansions and really big homes usually have maids to deal with the dirt

post #7 of Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Useful also for people who live in apartments. For an example, I can clean mine in two hours. But a mansion. :(
post #8 of Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 AM

5 easy house cleaning tips

1. Declutter your home
2. Do spot cleaning when you are in a room.
3. Take your mind off the fact that you are actually cleaning.
4. Give family members specific cleaning duties and write them into your schedule.
5. Avoid leaving the TV on while your cleaning and try to avoid answering the telephone.
post #9 of Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 AM

If you are having difficulty imagining your home as a clean and clutter-free fountain of serenity. Floor cleaner solutions, which are acid-based, weaken marmoreal that will result to impair flooring. Remember to don't use wax on a surface finish.

Last edited by marryziker; 08-09-2011 at 09:16 AM.
post #10 of Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjordon View Post
5 easy house cleaning tips

1. Declutter your home
2. Do spot cleaning when you are in a room.
3. Take your mind off the fact that you are actually cleaning.
4. Give family members specific cleaning duties and write them into your schedule.
5. Avoid leaving the TV on while your cleaning and try to avoid answering the telephone.
Now those were useful house cleaning tips for home owners. But I prefer to hire a maid since I work with cleaning the last thing I want to do when I get home is worry about cleaning it.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #11 of Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 PM

Thank you! Those house cleaning tips are very useful. However, the main things, which people have to do are to organize their time in the best possible way and to find the easiest, but also most effective way to handle the procedure. Then, everything will be perfect.
post #12 of Old 09-09-2011, 11:07 PM

Yeah, I agree... They're more useful for housewives. One of the best tips that I got about house cleaning was starts from say left and make your way around the room. Working task by task often leads to missing out on some parts of the room. Just going around it prevents that. Not useful in all situations but I like it! lol

Life Maid Simple 280 Broadway, Suite 202-1, Providence, RI 02903 (401) 533-8074
Cleaning service in RI - House cleaning service in RI - Office cleaning service in RI
post #13 of Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM

Response

Really great tips. I couldn't have agreed more. Thanks!

www.bbcleaningservice.com

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog
post #14 of Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 PM

I found it is important to set rules with those you are comfortable with and visit your house often. If you live with others set rules with them so things aren't left all over or that they do their own dishes and help you out.
post #15 of Old 10-18-2011, 05:17 AM

5 Easy house cleaning tips through which your house will remain dirt free and you lead a healthy life are Schedule your cleaning,Decide how much time to spend, Amount: Divide and conquer, Clean general to specific,Use the basket system, Be prepared.
post #16 of Old 10-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacc View Post
I found it is important to set rules with those you are comfortable with and visit your house often. If you live with others set rules with them so things aren't left all over or that they do their own dishes and help you out.
I totally agree with you! It is very important everybody in a household to take care of it together ...
post #17 of Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 PM

Guys, I think we are missing one of the most important things here, which is... You gotta stop being lazy and get organized, clean bits by bits and once you get into a habbit of cleaning things, it will become real easy...

Also as someone said scheduling your cleaning is really helpful because once you get to clean the house on schedule, there is usually less work next time when you have to clean it, therefore there is actually less work and your house might look more clean than not most of the time
post #18 of Old 10-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Wink Too busy!

These tips are great but for my husband and I who both have two jobs, cleaning often gets put on the back burner. However, we always do what we can to keep the house as clutter free as possible.

If I am being honest though most of the time we just hire Sun Coast Cleaning in our area to come out clean the carpets, our fine rugs and that just lifts a few things off of our shoulders

If you live in Jupiter check em out bc they are super cheap suncoastclean.com

PS: Clutter will make you crazy! lol
post #19 of Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xumeng12 View Post

Tip #2: Amount: Divide and conquer.
House cleaning can be divided by tasks or rooms. In other words, one cleaning day can be assigned to specific tasks such as vacuuming or dusting and polishing or cleaning the windows or mopping the floors. Or the cleaning time can be used for cleaning of one room, perhaps Monday for the kitchen, Tuesdays for the bathrooms, etc.
This is definitely a tip that helps me out quite a bit. I picked one room a week and did a very thorough clean on it instead of trying to tackle the whole house at one time. Before I knew it my entire house was spotless. Great advice!
post #20 of Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 AM

hi..
I think its a lot that you shared..i have nothing to add up...it can really help me to clean my house wisely...thanks a lot....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode