Asking client for Feedback? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 05-28-2015, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Asking client for Feedback?

Is it ever ok to ask the client if they were happy with deep clean performed a day prior? I had a 5 person crew tackle the client's fairly large home yesterday - it was wasn't the worst project I've ever taken on, but we were there for nearly 5.5 hours and I was pretty content with the way everything looked when we left. I'm not one that requires praise for every job I take on, but considering the size of this one - I was hoping to hear something back...
martinez likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-28-2015, 01:49 PM

Dang, I hope you charged accordingly ($1000?). That's 27.5 man hours.

I don't see a problem asking them how it looked. I wouldn't point anything out.... just ask how it looked. Don't say well.... we couldn't get your x cleaned very good because of (place excuse here). Don't do that. Just say... how did everything look for ya? And if they did see something wrong do not apologize. You did nothing wrong.... you spent 27.5 hours there. Going from trashed to clean you will ALWAYS miss something. Just say... yes, on a home this large it takes a couple of times to get everything up to our standards. I will mark that down to make sure we get it next time. Blame it on the big house and not how dirty the house was.

Just so you know... if it was really trashed... I'm sure they will find something to complain about, normally those types do.
post #3 of Old 05-28-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. I will reach out to her. I did incidentally charge her a little under $1000, but still made out fine on the deal.. I just find it bizarre when you spend so much time cleaning a persons house - you would get some sort of feedback...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-28-2015, 03:20 PM

Nowadays most of the customers that I have date back many years... but back when I Had a lot of employees and a new house was cleaned almost daily, they were all checked before we left. I had a QC person that went around and her job was to check everyone's work (or lots of times I went around and checked). So I never really worried about feedback. I knew that either she or I checked it and it looked good to us. If the customer wanted to knit-pick they could do that all day every day no matter who cleans and who checks. So I was comfortable knowing it was checked... I didn't need feedback.

Trust me, if they have a complaint you will hear about it. On the other hand, if you're looking for a pat on the back go get a job at BK.... this is not a pat on the back business. Now I've had a few kick in the butts.....
post #5 of Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 AM

We always ask for feedback from our clients, regardless of the type of clean. It is good to be on track.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Norbury
post #6 of Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 AM

It's always a good idea to ask for feedback. If they are super happy, ask for written feedback that you can then quote on your website, Facebook page, etc.
post #7 of Old 09-23-2016, 04:10 AM

Its best if we don't hear from our clients. It means no one is complaining
post #8 of Old 11-03-2016, 07:47 AM

Re: Asking client for Feedback?

We always ask for feedback from our clients, regardless of the type of clean. It is good to be on track.
post #9 of Old 11-04-2016, 04:09 PM

I think it's pretty standard practice for legit companies to conduct customer surveys. Don't be afraid to ask for feedback. You may find out useful info, maybe your crew is better at certain things than they are at others. Maybe one person is really effective, and others aren't.
post #10 of Old 11-08-2016, 01:25 AM

Well Feedback are always good to see and Analyse whether you are on right track or not. I can suggest you something here, you can offer a feedback form to your client and tell them to give you feedback and rating lets say out of 10. It will give you flexibility in term of choosing best strategies and course of action.
post #11 of Old 11-11-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Carpet Cleaner View Post
It's always a good idea to ask for feedback. If they are super happy, ask for written feedback that you can then quote on your website, Facebook page, etc.
Excellent advice. Testimonials will turn into more testimonials.

Awesome house cleaning!!!
post #12 of Old 06-02-2017, 08:12 AM

Well Feedback are constantly great to see and Analyze whether you are on right track or not. I can propose you something here, you can offer a criticism shape to your customer and instruct them to give you input and rating gives say a chance to out of 10. It will give you adaptability in term of picking best techniques and strategy.

Carpet Cleaning NYC provide emergency 24/7 cleaning services at affordable prices.
http://www.organicrugcleaners-nyc.com/
post #13 of Old 07-18-2017, 01:26 PM

You should always ask for feedback. Customers love it and it is the only way you are going to know if they are truly happy with your cleaning. Doesn't matter if it is window cleaning, gutter cleaning or house cleaning. You are basically selling labor and you are only as good as your last crew.

Aaron
Top Notch Window Cleaning
post #14 of Old 08-03-2017, 02:40 AM

Yeah true!
post #15 of Old 11-06-2017, 05:36 AM

Hi,

It's completely alright to ask the client for the feedback, but there are ways. I run Mr. Homecare, which is an on demand home services company in India, we get everyday feedback from our clients.

Send post service emails for feedback and ask them to rate and offer a kind testimonial. This helps. Or you can even call them and ask them if everything went smooth or no. That will surely answer your question.

Hope this helps! Cheers!
post #16 of Old 11-06-2017, 07:49 AM

Whenever I take on a new client, I tell them I welcome feedback, as long at it is said politely. I explain to them that regular cleaning of a home is a process, by where I get to understand how THEY see their home. (Which may not be how I see their home!) This has worked out fine for me. Most people have no complaints. A few do, and almost always, its those types who end up nit-picking about everything, and I end up dropping them. Most people appreciate a job well done, and really like it when the cleaner has a positive attitude (this sets the tone for the future relationship.) There will always be a few people who are just never satisfied, no matter what you do, and you just have to learn to shrug it off.

I had a new client last year who has white, shiny floor tiles. Her house was pretty dirty - she was elderly with an ill husband and a dog. Well, I cleaned the HECK out of her home, and I was feeling SO proud of what I got done. Those floors just sparkled, they were so clean! All the dust was gone, everything had been cleaned. As I was wrapping things up, the lady came to me and said "I dont think this is going to work with you." I asked "Why?" She said "Because you didnt use BLEACH on my floors! I always use bleach!" Well. Number one, thats an awful thing to use on good tile floors, and number 2, it isnt safe for you to do! I explained that to her gently but she remained adamant. I took my pay and went home annoyed and frustrated. But after I thought about it, I had to laugh. As a nurse, I had many elderly patients, many of whom had some sort of dementia. This woman showed classic signs of that. And you cannot be angry at someone who honestly does not know what they are doing all the time. When she grew up, bleach WAS commonly used on many surfaces, because back then they didnt have the manufactured stuff we have now. Older folk often seem to think bleach will kill all germs and keep their homes safer (this just is not true!).
post #17 of Old 01-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Very good feedback here!

I always ask a new client for feedback. Like everyone else said, you will always have a bit picker or two....
post #18 of Old 01-22-2019, 02:55 PM

I ALways ask if they are happy. (Never more than one time tho, for obvious reasons.) If they aren't, I don't want to work for them. I did lose 1 account because I came right out and told her I didn't think she was happy with my service and she said if I felt that way, we should part ways. I totally agreed and left ASAP! I work my butt off and if the people aren't happy, then I'M not happy. I then move on to someone who is appreciative. (I have been doing this for 24 years so I CAN afford to lose an account or 2 and have total confidence I will get another. Being a newbie would be handled much differently tho, IMO.)
post #19 of Old 01-25-2019, 09:45 AM

I had that situation too. I was HAAPY to part ways with her. However she promptly gave me an awful review on Thumbtack. Aaid I had a negative attitude! SHE HAD THE BAD ATTITUDE!
LOL
The things we deal with.
post #20 of Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Asking "how we did" its great customer service. I think more often than not a client will try to find something wrong with the clean. If that's the case then you have learned what irks that client and can be sure to have that problem dealt with in the future. If they have no complaints, then great!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode